Best of the Canyonlands
From 22/10/2021 to 28/10/2021
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Denver Channel your inner pioneer as you embark on an epic encounter with the peaks, canyons and deserts of what was once the treacherous Wild West. We kick-start our expedition in Denver, exploring the Mile High City at your leisure before meeting our Travel Director and fellow expeditioners for a Welcome Reception this evening.
Day 2 - Denver - Vail - Moab (2 Nights) Start off your trip with breakfast as you prepare for the day of exploration ahead. Descend into the foothills of the Rockies and cross the Continental Divide en route to the alluring alpine village of Vail. The launch-pad to powder days enjoyed within a world of startling white, Vail's enchanting old-world feel will linger in your mind as you journey to Moab, whose rugged beauty was immortalised on the big screen by the legendary John Ford in the 1940s. Admire the blazing rocky red cliffs as the sun sets or explore this gateway to a myriad of adventures - tonight is yours to enjoy on your terms.
Day 3 - Canyonlands and Arches National Parks Excursion Tread lightly through the captivating landscapes of Utah's Canyonlands and Arches as you explore Mother Nature's profound mark on the surrounding geology. Deep canyons, towering spires and mesas give way to thousands of fiery sandstone arches during today's encounter with two soul-stirring national parks. See iconic Delicate Arch and if you like, take a short hike to the view point for an up close look. Reconnect with nature and admire how the land has adapted to the ravages of wind, water and time. Then, enjoy the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 4 - Moab - Mesa Verde National Park - Monument Valley This morning, we'll arrive at the UNESCO-listed Mesa Verde National Park, we'll enjoy a rare opportunity to delve into the history and culture of the once-flourishing community of the Ancestral Pueblo people. Explore their beautifully preserved dwellings hewn from the sandstone cliff centuries ago and look down at the massive Cliff Palace, the largest cliff dwelling in the world. This evening, we join our generous Navajo hosts for a traditional cookout Regional Dinner against the surreal backdrop of Monument Valley.
Day 5 - Monument Valley - Grand Canyon National Park The arresting beauty of Monument Valley is ours to explore this morning as we join a Local Specialist for a drive in an open-air vehicle past its towering sandstone buttes and mesas that rise up from the barren landscape. We continue through the ancestral home of the Navajo, arriving at Cameron Trading Post for a quick shopping stop and perhaps a taste of traditional fry bread. Driving along the scenic Desert View Drive, we skirt the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and gaze into its mesmerising multi-coloured depths before meeting another Local Specialist to gain insights into its geologic life. Our grand adventure almost at its end, we join our fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner to reminisce over the epic landscapes encountered along our journey.
Day 6 - Grand Canyon National Park - Las Vegas Rise early to catch the first rays of light as they illuminate the canyon. Consider an optional helicopter or fixed-wing aircraft flightseeing trip to view this feat of nature from the sky or enjoy a leisurely morning, before we journey to Sin City. Desolation gives way to desert oases as we cruise back in time past motels, diners and gas stations towards the dazzling lights of Las Vegas.
Day 7 - Depart Las Vegas Our exhilarating adventure through the canyon lands has unfortunately come to an end. Grab some breakfast as you prepare to say farewell to your friends, then take your transfer to Las Vegas International Airport or consider extending your stay at Harrah's. Sightseeing Highlights SCENIC DRIVE along Desert View Drive, Route 66 SEE Delicate Arch VISIT Vail, Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, Moab, the cliff dwellings of Mesa Verde National Park, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon National Park, Las Vegas LOCAL SPECIALIST For included sightseeing in Monument Valley and at the Grand Canyon. (Day 5)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans