Peru with Machu Picchu - Summer 2021
From 15/09/2021 to 19/11/2021
Paracas: Explore this beautiful area before heading to the nearby city of Ica for lunch and a pisco distillery for a tasting.
Lima: Unwind at your luxury abode, before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers in the evening for a Welcome Dinner.
Lima: Indulge on a Highlight Lunch in its 18th century garden setting.
Sacred Valley After a few photo opportunities along the way to the Sacred Valley, enjoy lunch at Altar Inca.
Sacred Valley: Make your way to Laguna Piuray where you’ll enjoy your Highlight Lunch of Pachamanca, a traditional Peruvian feast.
Sacred Valley: Explore its grounds and sit down for a special Peruvian Dinner.
Machu Picchu: Enjoy lunch on your way to Machu Picchu pueblo.
Machu Picchu: End your day with dinner and drinks at your hotel.
Machu Picchu: Head back to your hotel to unwind, before sitting down to a Highlight Dinner with your fellow travellers.
Cusco: Have lunch at Pachapapa.
Cusco: Try some local delicacies paired with hot wine at the city's planetarium.
Cusco: In the evening, join your fellow travellers for a memorable Celebration Dinner at Calle del Medio, where you will toast to your adventure.
Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 7 Lunches (L), and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
Cusco Later, make your way to the city’s planetarium for a private, after-hours tour.
Machu Picchu: In the afternoon, take your first guided visit to Machu Picchu, where you’ll meet your Local Experts.
Lima: Explore with your Local Expert this morning, including the Cathedral of Lima, the Government Palace, Archbishop’s Palace and the City Hall.
Lima: After lunch, meet a local guide who will take you around the museum’s private collection.
Sacred Valley: Start with a visit to the Maras salt pans.
Move on to an Incan laboratory in Moray, then visit and support a local traditional Quechua weaver.
Machu Picchu: On the way, visit the Ollantaytambo ruins.
Visit a local house in the village and meet the family living there.
Machu Picchu: Transfer to the station for your 360° IncaRail train ride.
Cusco: Once you arrive, head on a walking tour with a Local Expert.
Visit its cathedral and the Korikancha temple.
Cusco: Start your day with a walking tour of Cusco, before heading to Sacsayhuaman.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times.
If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Itinerary / more information
Day Day 7 - Cusco After breakfast, return by train to Ollantaytambo, where you will transfer to the ancient city of Cusco. Once the capital of the Inca Empire, Cusco showcases a mix of Spanish colonial architecture, ancient remains and a lively cosmopolitan scene for modern inhabitants. On arrival in Cusco, head on a walking tour with a Local Expert. Visit its cathedral and the Korikancha temple, the most important temple in the Inca Empire. The evening is yours at leisure. Ask your Travel Director for local restaurant and bar recommendations.(Breakfast)
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 09 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans