Easter Island (Rapa Nui) Short Break
From 09/12/2023 to 23/12/2024
Take in the faraway feel of one of the world's most remote populated islands and ponder the magic and mystery of the moai monoliths that weigh up to 50 tonnes.
Learn about the heritage of the Rapa Nui people, the island's native Polynesians.
Enjoy the warm hospitality of the local people, born from a mix of ancient travellers that arrived here from the Polynesian islands and from South America.
There is plenty of free time to stroll along Hanga Roa's main strip, sample the delicious local seafood or explore the island by bicycle.
Visit the beautifully located Orongo Ceremonial Village and Ahu Akivi for unparalleled ocean views.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 1.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Hanga Roa - Anakena day trip & picnic lunch.
Hanga Roa - Ana Te Pahu cave & Ahu Tahai ceremonial site.
Hanga Roa - Orongo Ceremonial Village.
Hanga Roa - Ahu Akivi seven moais.
Hanga Roa - Rano Kau volcano.
Complimentary Airport Departure Transfer.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Hanga Roa On arrival at Easter Island's Mataveri Airport you will be welcomed and transferred to your hotel in Hanga Roa, the island's main town. Once you have checked into the hotel the remainder of your first day will be free. Hanga Roa is a small place with 3800 inhabitants but has excellent facilities such as banks, shops, restaurants and bars. At the port in the middle of town you will be immediately greeted by your first moai - Ahu Tautira. There is much to see and do if free time is available. To the north of town are some scenic spots complete with more moai, as well as the Sebastian Englebert Museum of Anthropology - a good place to get acquainted with the Easter Island story.
2 - Hanga Roa After breakfast, you will join other travellers on a guided excursion around Easter Island. The island covers an area of 117 square kilometres, so it is quite manageable to see most of the island in a day. You'll leave Hanga Roa and travel along the south coast to Ahu Vaihu, where you will see eight large toppled moai lying face down on the ground. You'll then continue to Rano Raraku, a large volcano also known as 'the nursery of the moai' because the statues around the island were cut from the stones that came from this quarry. Around this area can be found a 21 metre high moai, the largest one ever carved. At Ahu Tongariro, you will be faced with the impressive sight of 15 restored moai right on the coastline. The originals were destroyed by a huge tidal wave in 1960. Along the north coast is Anakena, a beautiful sandy beach with swaying palm trees. However, as with many significant spots on Easter Island, there is a moai nearby standing guard in its own inimitable fashion.
3 - Hanga Roa In the morning you will join other travellers on a visit to Orongo Ceremonial Village, which is set in a dramatic location 400 metres high on a ridge with the ocean on one side and the crater lake of Rano Kau on the other. It contains remnants of art relating to a birdman cult that has been around on the island for centuries. Nearby are a few moai at Ahu Vinapu. In the afternoon you will travel to Akivi and view the seven moai that overlook the site of an ancient village and out west towards the setting sun.
4 - Hanga Roa Your Short Break Adventure will come to an end today after breakfast. You will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight. Please ensure we are advised of your flight details when booking your Easter Island experience.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans