Santiago Short Break
From 09/12/2023 to 23/12/2024
Fall under Santiago’s spell as you uncover the colonial charm, neoclassical plazas and stylish neighbourhoods of the Chilean capital with the inside insight of a local guide.
Wind your way through the fruitful countryside of the Casablanca Valley and stop at one of the world class Chilean wineries for a premium tasting.
Discover the murals of Valparaiso’s street art scene and explore the vibrant maze of hillside houses and hidden secrets on a guided walking tour of the Chilean cultural capital.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Hotel (3 nights).
Private vehicle,shared minivan.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Santiago - Guided city tour.
Valparaiso - Guided walking tour.
Casablanca Valley - Winery visit & tasting.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Santiago Bienvenidos! Welcome to Chile. Set within a circle of snow-capped mountains, Santiago is full of life, art, and food, and it's a perfect gateway to adventures in the snow, sea or desert. Although the city covers a large area, the centre is quite compact and easy to get around, so get out an explore if you arrive with time to spare. The city's centre is roughly triangular in shape with the Plaza de Armas - at the centre. From here it's a seemingly endless array of shops, restaurants and parks. If you're looking for a more serene slice of Chilean life, head out to Barrio Bella Vista, Santiago's 'Paris Quarter', and take a cable car up to Cerro San Cristobal. If the weather's fine, you'll have lovely views over the city and the Andes.
2 - Santiago This morning you'll be collected from your hotel for a walking tour of the city. Discover more about this city, which was founded in 1541 by the Spaniard Pedro de Valdivia, and has experienced a turbulent history that has included native wars, floods and earthquakes. Head to the Plaza de Armas, the heart of the city and home to the cathedral. The cathedral has recently undergone renovations, so now is the ideal time to visit. The square is also home to the Royal Court Palace, Natural History Museum and Central Post Office. Walk through the traditional streets and neighbourhoods surrounding the Government Palace, then continue on to Cerro Santa Lucia, the hill where de Valdivia began the settlement. Today it's a park of fountains and a fort that offers one of the best panoramic views of the city. Return to your accommodation and enjoy the rest of the day to explore if you wish. Tonight, take the chance to dine out at one of the city's famous restaurants.
3 - Casablanca Valley - Valparaiso - Santiago This morning, make your way west towards the Pacific Ocean and Valparaiso (approximately 2 hours). On your way, wind through the Casablanca Valley, where you'll have the opportunity to learn about Chilean wine and have a premium tasting at world class winery. Vines have been grown in the valley since the mid-1980s. and the cool climate is ideal for whites like Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay, plus a drop of Pinot Noir, and you'll be tasting some of them today. Continue on to the historic port town of Valparaiso, a vibrant maze of hills where the residents have done their best to fit the colourful houses and buildings on whatever patch of land possible. It's a cultural capital of Chile with festival throughout the year and on some of the world's best street art hidden in the labyrinth of laneways and corners. You'll get a perfect view of the hills and the city from the coast, then take a walk around town, where the historic quarter is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the funicular lifts are an historical treasure. Discover the hidden art galleries, small cafes and breweries and then get suggestions from your guide for your lunch. After filling up on the food and culture of Valparaiso return to Santiago and your hotel, with time to relax and explore the city one final time.
4 - Santiago There are no activities planned for the final day and you are able to depart the accommodation at checkout time.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans