Jewels of Greece Express - 5 Days
From 2021-11-02 to 2022-08-03
4 breakfasts and 1 dinner.
4 nights 4 star hotels.
One Airport arrival transfer on Day 1 and one departure transfer on day 5 included per booking.
Guided sightseeing in Athens, Delphi and Meteora.
Services of an English-speaking tour guide for all scheduled sightseeing.
Entrance fees for all included sites.
All transfers and transportation in modern air conditioned vehicles.
Note: Touring is operated in conjunction with other tourist groups, not solely On The Go.
You will join travellers who booked through other operators for sightseeing each day, some staying in different hotels, and spend your evenings at leisure.
The group can vary in size from 20 - 45 persons.
Guiding may be in an additional language to English.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Athens Welcome to Greece! On arrival in Athens, you will be met and transferred to our hotel. The rest of the day is free to head out and explore the city, an incredible contrast of the ancient and the modern.
Day 2 - Athens Athens - Delphi - Kalambaka. Leaving Athens, we head north towards Delphi, which was once one of the world's most sacred sites and an important pilgrimage destination. We admire the UNESCO-listed Sanctuary of Apollo and follow the footsteps of ancient Greeks on the Sacred Way. Admire the remains of the Temple of Apollo, home of the legendary Pythian Oracle. After our visit, we cross the mountains of Central Greece to Kalambaka.
Day 3 - Delphi Kalambaka - Meteora - Athens. Today we visit Meteora, where tiny sacred monasteries perch atop incredible towering rock formations. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful regions in the whole of Greece and the view from the cliffs is breathtaking.
After our visit to Meteora, we begin to make our way back to Athens. We stop at Thermopylae, where King Leonidas and 300 Spartans made a famous last stand against the Persians in 480 BC. A statue now stands here in the Spartan king's honour. After a quick photo opportunity, we continue to Athens, and your final night in Greece is at leisure.
Day 4 - Athens Today we embark on a guided coach tour of Athens. We take in important highlights of the city including the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Zappeion and the Panathenaic Stadium, which is the only stadium in the world built entirely from marble. We also see the Greek Parliament and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Later we head to Athens' most iconic attraction - the legendary Acropolis. The Acropolis is an ancient citadel built atop a rock overlooking the city. As well as the amazing view, we take in the highlights of the site, including the Temple of Athena Nike, the Propylae and the most famous of all ancient Greek architecture, the Parthenon. We visit the Acropolis Museum and the afternoon is at leisure to wander the streets of the picturesque Plaka district.
Day 5 - Athens Today our Greek adventure comes to an end. After breakfast at the hotel, there's an included transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans