Hobart & Southern Tasmania Explorer
From 05/01/2024 to 24/06/2024
Experience the best of southern Tasmania, from the bustling capital to the quiet seaside, with plenty of options for customising your trip to suit your interests.
Explore local life in historic Hobart as you browse through the markets and chat directly with producers about their locally sourced goods.
See the highlights of the picturesque Tasman Peninsula, such as the rocky formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen, the secluded Crescent Bay and the tragically historic Port Arthur.
Discover the rugged beauty and delicious flavours of Bruny Island as you sample local delicacies and explore national parkland where towering cliffs fall away into the crashing sea.
Visit a fourth-generation family-run orchard to learn about the history of apple farming on Tasmania and try locally produced cider.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Tasman Peninsula - Eaglehawk Neck.
Richmond - Colonial Village Visit.
Richmond - Winery Visit & Lunch.
Tasman Peninsula - Tasman Arch.
Hobart - Salamanca Markets.
Tasman Peninsula - Devils Kitchen.
Hobart - Visit to Museum of Old & New Art (MONA).
Hobart - Farmers' Market.
Huon Valley - Cider Apple Museum.
Hartz Mountains National Park - Short walks.
Hobart - kunanyi / Mount Wellington scenic drive.
Bruny Island - Truganini Lookout.
Bruny Island - South Bruny National Park.
Bruny Island - Full day tour.
Bruny Island - Adventure Bay.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Hobart Your adventure begins in Hobart (nipaluna in the language of the muwinina and palawa peoples, who are the traditional owners of the land on which Hobart is now located) at 11:00 am with a trip to the historic town of Richmond. With over 40 heritage buildings, Richmond gives you the impression that you've landed back in the colonial 1800s. Join your group for lunch at Pooley Wines then drive to the Tasman Peninsula where you may like to visit the aptly named Remarkable Cave. Or, you may want to explore the Port Arthur Historic Site, a former convict settlement with a horrific past (extra cost). After you have checked into your hotel at Eaglehawk Neck, join your group for a delicious, included dinner.
2 - Tasman Peninsula Drive down the beautiful Tasman Peninsula, passing through the narrow sliver of land that is Eaglehawk Neck. Stop at Tasman Arch, Devil's Kitchen and the Tessellated Pavement to view the unusual rock formations. On your return to Hobart, the Salamanca Markets await, ready to tempt you with local delights - everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts. In the afternoon, drive to the quirky Museum of Old and New Art, home to an eclectic collection of pieces. Tonight you are free to relax for the evening or perhaps head out with your group for dinner.
3 - Huon Valley Feast on local delights at the Hobart farmers' market, where you can meet local producers and browse for seasonal Tassie produce like gooseberries, pine mushrooms or fresh oysters, depending on the time of year. After driving to the top of kunanyi/Mount Wellington to savour some magnificent views over the city and its surrounding mountains, forests and waterways, you'll depart for the Huon Valley. Stop in Geeveston, a small township known for its forestry heritage and gateway to the Hartz Mountains wilderness, where you'll explore this remote and rugged place shaped by ancient glaciers on a number of short walks. Our last stop in the Huon Valley is to learn about the history of local apple farming, maybe with a few cider samples, at a fourth-generation orchard and cidery.
4 - Bruny Island Hop on the ferry over to Bruny Island. Climb 279 steps to reach Truganini Lookout at The Neck for sweeping views and wildlife-spotting. Explore South Bruny National Park, where the Cape Bruny Lighthouse perches high above the wild waves of the Southern Ocean. See the beautiful coastline of Adventure Bay, and stop in at a few local Bruny Island shops for tastings of locally sourced products such as cheese, oysters, honey, beer and/or wine. Your tour concludes upon return to Hobart at 5.30pm, and you are free to depart at your leisure.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans