Premium Argentina & Brazil
From 12/01/2022 to 26/12/2023
Marvel at Iguazu Falls from multiple angles with visits to the boardwalk system in Argentina and the panoramic viewpoints of Brazil.
Discover the real Buenos Aires during a traditional asado feast in the home of a local, and take a tango lesson at a classic conventillo with two professional dancers.
Visit the wonderful Gastromotiva social enterprise in Rio for lunch, where dishes are made by marginalised members of the community who receive free culinary training.
Experience Art Nouveau elegance at the Tango de Mayo.
Your fabulous feature stay hotel includes a rooftop bar that offers unbeatable views across the city.
Uncover the history of Rio during a full-day tour, including a visit to the spectacularly located Christ the Redeemer statue and the lively and eclectic Santa Teresa neighbourhood.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Comfortable hotel (4 nights),Feature Stay (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Buenos Aires - Welcome Dinner.
Buenos Aires - Tango demonstration by professional dancers.
Buenos Aires - Tango lesson.
Buenos Aires - City tour.
Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Brazilian side of the falls.
Iguazu Falls - Tour of the Argentinian side of the falls.
Iguazu Falls - Guarani community visit.
Rio de Janeiro - Leader-led orientation walk.
Rio de Janeiro - Gastromotiva lunch.
Rio de Janeiro - Christ the Redeemer.
Rio de Janeiro - City tour.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Bienvenido! Welcome to Buenos Aires. Argentina’s stunning capital is peppered with European influences but owns its deep-rooted Latin soul. You will be collected from the airport and transferred to your feature stay accommodation, the fabulous Tango de Mayo Hotel in the heart of the city. Founded in 1913, the hotel retains its Art Nouveau charm, now paired with modern comforts, first class service and a unique tango flair. If you arrive with time to spare, perhaps head to your hotel’s rooftop bar and enjoy sweeping views of Buenos Aires with a cocktail in hand. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at the hotel at 6pm, where you’ll meet your leader and fellow travellers. After the meeting, learn what local life looks like in Buenos Aires and head to the home of a porteno (inhabitant of Buenos Aires) for a traditional Asado feast. Chat to your friendly host about all things Argentina while enjoying a fantastic spread of barbecued meats, provoleta cheese and plenty of local wine. If you’ve been swept up in the frenetic rhythm of Buenos Aires, perhaps keep the evening going with a post-dinner tango show.
Day 2 - Buenos Aires This morning you’ll discover Buenos Aires’s history, cultural influences and iconic sites during a walking tour with your leader. First stop is the Plaza de Mayo to visit the original town hall, as well as the presidential palace known as the Pink House. Walk around La Boca and its ‘Caminito’ district, before moving on to the lesser-known Barracas neighbourhood and stop in at a local NGO to learn about their agroecological model of food production and community collaboration. Help prepare a meal – much of the ingredients for which are grown in the co-op garden – and then dine on the results, including alfajores (classic South American cookies) for dessert. Continue the tour in Recoleta Cemetery, a labyrinth of ornate mausoleums. After a stop at the grave of Eva Peron, leave the cemetery and make a stop to see the Floralis Generica – a huge metal flower. Next up, you'll head to a traditional conventillo, an urban house with a large patio, and enjoy an exclusive tango performance by two professional dancers who have been working together for more than 15 years. The dancers are passionate about preserving and sharing the art of tango, and the performance will be followed by a fantastic beginner’s class so you can experience part of Argentina’s cultural heritage first-hand. Learn about the style and history of the dance and pick up a few moves you can take home with you.
Day 3 - Iguazu Falls - Brazilian side This morning, transfer to the airport and board a flight to Puerto Iguazu in Argentina. Powerful, captivating and completely beautiful – coming face to face with the Iguazu Falls is sure to leave you awe-struck. You will spend the next two days exploring the falls in depth, seeing them from both the Argentinian and Brazilian side. While you are flying into Argentina, today will be spent exploring the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls. At over two kilometres in length, and made up of 275 waterfalls in total, Iguazu is higher than Niagara Falls and wider than Victoria Falls. The Brazilian side of the falls offers unforgettable panoramic views, which you’ll get to spend time taking in today. For an eagle-eye view of the falls, you can also opt to take on an optional helicopter flight.
Day 4 - Iguazu Falls - Argentinian side Rise and shine for an early departure to the Argentinian side of the falls today, where you will be able to get up close to this incredible feat of nature. There is a system of boardwalks on the Argentinian side of the falls that allow you to access some incredible viewing points, or you could choose to take an optional zodiac ride beneath the cascades for an even more exhilarating perspective. This afternoon you will have the special opportunity to join your leader for a visit to a Guarani community, one of the few remaining original inhabitants of the region. Meet with a member of the community and visit an interpretation centre to learn about the native tools used for daily activities. Your host will show you around the community and provide insight on the Guarani way of life while explaining how they have preserved their traditions on the edge of one of the world’s most popular attractions. Return to your hotel for an evening at leisure.
Day 5 - Rio de Janeiro Cross the border into Brazil this morning and take an included flight from Foz do Iguacu to Rio de Janeiro. A glorious raid on the senses, Rio delights with glittering beaches, a sultry samba beat and an irresistible energy. Once you have transferred to your hotel and settled in, join your leader on an orientation walk to get a feel for this lively city and learn a little about its layered history. The rest of the day is free to explore at your own pace. You may like to head down to the famous white sands of Cobacapana and Ipanema beaches for an interesting snapshot of local life. If you would like to listen to some live music, head to Lapa and join the locals for some dancing. Be sure to speak to your leader for tips on how to get the most out of this dynamic city that’s bursting with possibilities.
Day 6 - Rio de Janeiro Today you’ll get to know the sights and sounds of Rio during a full-day tour with your leader. Visit Corcovado Mountain for expansive views over the city from the base of the Christ the Redeemer statue. Next, head to Santa Teresa and discover the eclectic architecture, restaurants and art galleries. Continue to the famous Selaron Steps to see Chilean artist Jorge Selaron’s famous artwork. Give your feet a break during a lunch stop at an incredible NGO called Gastromotiva, where dishes are made by marginalised members of the community who receive free culinary training. Enjoy an afternoon to relax, hit the beach, or explore further. This evening you may like to round off your adventure with a final dinner with your group.
Day 7 - Rio de Janeiro Your trip comes to an end after breakfast this morning. If you would like to extend your stay in Rio de Janeiro, please speak to your booking agent about arranging additional accommodation in advance (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans