Walk Queensland's Scenic Rim
From 19/05/2024 to 20/11/2025
Discover the Scenic Rim’s fascinating flora and fauna with the guidance of your local leader as you delve into Tamborine National Park, Main Range National Park and Lamington National Park, which are part of The Gondwana Rainforests of Australia, World Heritage Area, containing the most extensive areas of subtropical rainforest in the world.
Join a First Nations guide for a smoking ceremony and cultural walk to Yellow Pinch lookout where you’ll learn about Mt Barney from the Land’s traditional owners and connect with Country using Aboriginal ideas.
Wind your way up Mount Cordeaux, Mount Mitchell and discover Mount Barney on a series of hikes and be rewarded with truly unbeatable views of the surrounding landscapes.
Rest your head in a delightful and eco-conscious homestead converted from a 1900s farmhouse and soak in magnificent mountain views from your veranda.
Set out in search of wildlife surrounding your accommodation during a tour with an expert guide, followed by local wine and snacks as you watch the sun set over Mount Barney.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (2 nights),Homestead (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 11.
Lamington National Park - West Canungra Creek Circuit.
Main Range National Park - Mount Cordeaux Track.
Main Range National Park - Rainforest Circuit.
Main Range National Park - Bare Rock Track.
Main Range National Park - Mount Mitchell Track.
Mount Barney National Park - Lower Portals Hike.
Mount Barney National Park - Yellow Pinch Lookout walk.
Mount Barney National Park - Yarriba Explore Ancient Beginnings tour.
Tamborine National Park - Curtis Falls Track.
Tamborine National Park - Palm Grove Circuit.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Gold Coast - Lamington National Park Welcome to Australia's Scenic Rim! Your adventure begins on the Gold Coast where you'll be picked up at 9.30 am by your local leader and meet your fellow travellers. From here, hit the road and drive towards Lamington National Park, named after your favourite coconutty cake and every bit as appealing. This World Heritage Site is dotted with ancient trees, tumbling waterfalls and fascinating wildlife, all best discovered on foot. Venture into the park for todays hike along the West Canungra creek circuit and uncover its natural wonders with your leader's expert guidance. This evening, perhaps watch the sunset from the deck, then maybe join your group for dinner and reminisce about the day's discoveries.
2 - Mount Cordeaux - Main Range National Park - Boonah Fill up on an included breakfast then drive towards Mount Cordeaux (Niamboyoo), with a stop for you to purchase a picnic lunch for later. Mount Cordeaux forms the northern side of Cunninghams Gap and overlooks the Scenic Rim. Follow the walking track up the mountain, passing by an abandoned goldmine shaft where gold was never found. The track ends just before the summit and you'll be rewarded for your efforts with showstopping views of the Main Range National Park, the Darling Downs and even the high-rise buildings of Brisbane (Meeanjin). Continue on through high-altitude cool-temperate rainforest to Bare Rock for magnificent views spanning the northern Ramparts and Darling Downs. Descend the mountain, then join the Rainforest Circuit and venture through lush vegetation as your leader shares stories of the flora and fauna that call this place home. Climb to an incredible lookout point serving up views of Lake Moogerah and the Fassifern Valley. Later in the day, drive on to the Bunjurgen Estate Vineyard in the heart of the Scenic Rim. While here you may like to indulge in a wine tasting at your own expense (you'll soon find out why the Shiraz is so acclaimed!) or perhaps just sit back and enjoy the serene location.
3 - Mount Mitchell - Main Range National Park - Mount Barney Enjoy breakfast at your accommodation before driving to Mount Mitchell, a volcanic peak in the Main Range National Park to the south of Cunninghams Gap. Today you'll be climbing to its summit, and while some parts of the track are quite steep, you can rest assured that the views from the top make every step worth it! Cross through mountain heath, woodland and diverse rainforest, and be sure to turn your head to the sky in search of peregrine falcons soaring above you. Stop at the top to admire views of Mount Barney, the Main Range and the Moogerah Peaks before descending down the mountain. Check into your accommodation, a delightful and eco-conscious homestead converted from a typical 1900s 'Queenslander' farmhouse where you'll enjoy a veranda offering stunning mountain views. In the late afternoon, you may like to take an optional stroll up to a lookout point and watch the sunset over Mount Barney with a glass of local wine in hand, while snacking on some local delights like Scenic Rim olives and cheese - a perfect way to enjoy this spectacular part of the world.
4 - Mount Barney National Park After breakfast, join a First Nations guide for a smoking ceremony and cultural walk to Yellow Pinch lookout. Connect with Country using Aboriginal ideas, learn about Mt Barney from the Land's traditional owners and take time for silent reflection in this special place. This afternoon, visit Mount Barney (Boogarah Boogarah/Kaieee) where you'll set off along the Lower Portals track, crossing undulating and sometimes rugged terrain. Pass through open bushland, peaceful rockpools and meandering creeks, which you may need to cross in water up to thigh height in some places. You may be visited by a wallaby on your walk or spot black cockatoos flying above you. For a final taste of local culture, enjoy a group BBQ dinner on the homestead grounds.
5 - Tamborine National Park - Gold Coast Fill up on a final breakfast this morning before heading out to Tamborine National Park, Queensland's oldest national park and home to all manner of unique wildlife and landscapes. Step into a eucalyptus forest on the Curtis Falls track, which eventually gives way to lush rainforest punctuated with towering ferns. Continue to the shady Palm Grove circuit through subtropical rainforest - be sure to look up to see strangler figs and piccabeen palm trees, and look down to see collections of unusual fungi. Return to the Gold Coast in the afternoon, where your Scenic Rim adventure comes to an end at approximately 4 pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans