Spotlight on Greece
From 25/04/2023 to 07/09/2023
Sleep twin or triple share in charming hotels set in brilliant locations in the heart of each city we visit.
If you prefer to sleep alone (or your snoring demands as much) then you have the option to upgrade to a private room at an additional cost.
Wrap your taste buds around the fresh catch of the day, as well as traditional moreish favourites like moussaka and halloumi.
We'll cover your breakfast every day, and will also treat you to 2 two dinners.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Athens Welcome to Athens, Greek adventurers! The clock starts now on uncovering this ancient country and all its quirks. We're calling it now, that this trip is THE ancient history lovers dream. Settle in to your hotel before catching up with the crew, where a traditional Athens affair is on the cards for those wanting to get straight down to the business of being cultural. On our optional dinner we'll head to the city's old town and dinner, traditional dancing as you feast your eyes (and stomach) with mouthwatering Greek tastes, under the watchful eye of the Acropolis to complete the scene. We can't think of a better way to get right into the Greek way of life.
Day 2 - Athens to Olympia via Corinth and Mycenae Not a second of today will go to waste. Europe's oldest city will unfold itself this morning as we take to the Parthenon and the Acropolis with the knowledge of a local, then explore the first modern Olympic Stadium from the 1896 Games. That's some really old Olympic vibes right there.Rugged mountains, cypress trees and citrus groves will pepper our pretty tour from Athens to Corinth, where we will stop to get a look at a man-made canal that squeezes ships through its tight cliffs in what seems like an impossible feat.What was once a military hotspot is now a jaw-dropping archaeological site amidst the mountain ranges of Greece. Our Trip Manager will uncover the 4,000 year history of Mycenae and Agamemnon's Palace in a tale of heroics, myths and curses.And so the historical uncoverings continue as we land in Olympia, the place where the Olympic Games were birthed, and what is now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Day 3 - Olympia to Delphi Fun fact: the first Olympic Games was held in 776BC, let's just let that number sink in for a moment...Wow. Today our Local Guide will show us all the important sites of those games, giving you the chance to sit in the 45,000 seat stadium where it actually first took place. If that's not a spine-tingling moment, we don't know what is. We'll wrap it up at the Temple of Hera (Queen of the Greek Gods), and place where the Olympic flame is lit every four years. We'll also visit the ruins of Zeus' temple before we head off on our journey, where you'll be sure to feel the vibes of one of the most well known Greek gods.The sacred lands of Delphi will be ours this afternoon, again allowing us the chance to uncover world history right here in Greece. Despite being a place of monumental importance, it happens to have a cute little bar scene, and is a great place to sample the national drink of ouzo.
Day 4 - Delphi to Athens Through the limestone columns of the Sanctuary of Apollo, we continue tapping into what was once the centre of the universe for Ancient Greeks. The remains of this Doric style building stands tall with it's remaining 6 (out of an original 15) pillars, and is the perfect spot to absorb the last bit of beauty that is the slopes of Mt. Parnassus before we jump on the trail back to Athens.Well there you have it, the true scope of Greece's magnificence filed neatly into four incredible days. Walk away with a wealth of new knowledge and a new posse of friends, eager to get involved in yet another Contiki adventure. Arrive Athens Visit the famous Plaka area Athens to Olympia A local guide will take us on a guided city tour of Athens and the awe-inspiring Ancient Greek monuments Olympia to Delphi Guided tour including Olympic Stadium and Temples of Hera and Zeus Delphi to Athens See where the Ancient Greeks would go to speak with the Oracle in Delphi
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 November 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans