From 10/04/2022 to 07/04/2023
Melbourne Laneways Walking TourUluru Sunset Experience with Sparkling wineUluru Exclusive Field of Light SunriseUluru Sunrise and guided Uluru walkKata Tjuta guided walkAboriginal Dot Art Painting ExperienceAlice Springs Town TourAlice Springs Telegraph StationSchool of the AirEarth Sanctuary Dinner under the stars (BMG)Great Barrier Reef CruiseSydney Harbour CruiseSydney Opera House Locally Guided Tour.
Quality accommodationTravel in luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport Transfers (see flight information below).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Welcome to Melbourne! On arrival you will be transferred to your hotel. This evening join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and dinner at the South Wharf riverside pub, The General Assembly. It's a great opportunity to get to know everyone in a unique setting!
Day 2 - Explore Melbourne on a city sights tour then discover its eclectic little laneways, arcades, caf? society and street art on a private walking tour. The rest of your day is free. You may like to take an optional experience to Phillip Island to see the famous penguin parade or maybe you'd prefer to relax or even experience some of Melbourne's well-known food and culture.
Day 3 - Today is free for you to explore the delights of Melbourne. You may like to take a full day optional experience to the Great Ocean Road to discover the stunning coastline and the Twelve Apostles. Or maybe treat yourself to a theatre production or indulge in some world class fare at one of the city's famous eateries.
Day 4 - Today you fly from Melbourne to Alice Springs. On arrival visit School of the Air and hear how this school delivers education to children living in remote areas. Next stop is the Royal Flying Doctor Service, where you'll learn about this facility that provides a 'mantle of safety' to the people of the outback. This evening Joe, Dan, Tommy and Ben Falzon invite you to 'Be My Guest' for a home cooked gourmet BBQ dinner at Earth Sanctuary World Nature Centre. Join them as they share stories of ecology, culture and astronomy and even lead you on a sing-a-long accompanied by the didgeridoo and guitar. It will be a night to remember!
Day 5 - Travel through the West MacDonnell and James Ranges and pause to view majestic Atila (Mt. Conner) often mistaken for Uluru, before arriving at Ayers Rock Resort. This afternoon is free for you to enjoy the resort's facilities. Later, travel to the Uluru sunset viewing area. Witness and photograph the striking colour changes of Uluru at sunset whilst enjoying canap?s and wine.
Day 6 - This morning view the magical Uluru (Ayers Rock) sunrise. Afterwards, gain insight in to the traditional owners of the land, the Anangu, as you tour the caves at the base of Uluru discovering ancient rock art and hearing stories of the Aboriginal Dreamtime. Travel through the desert plains to Kata Tjuta and take a walk at Walpa Gorge. Later experience a Kata Tjuta sunset with sparkling wine and nibbles.
Day 7 - Rise early to experience the ethereal Field of Light art installation. Wander through the paths surrounding 50,000 hand-crafted frosted glass spheres of light. As the sun rises, join your fellow travellers on top of a sand dune to watch the desert awakening over Uluru. Meet an Indigenous artist for a fun introduction to Western Desert Art. Your Anangu artist will provide you with cultural insights, explaining the meanings of local totems and assisting you to complete your own painting to take home as a memento of your experience. In the afternoon board your flight to tropical Cairns.
Day 8 - Today is free for you to do as you choose! Maybe visit Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park for an insightful look at indigenous culture or journey to Hartley's Crocodile Adventures for an opportunity to encounter native Australian animals. You may choose to travel to Kuranda on the historic scenic railway or just sit back and enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
Day 9 - Get ready for an experience of a lifetime - board a high-speed catamaran and cruise out to the Great Barrier Reef. You can snorkel and view this natural living wonder up close (equipment provided) or stay dry and explore the stunning reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible craft, just one metre underwater. Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch before you return to Cairns. This evening enjoy a delicious meal overlooking the Cairns waterfront.
Day 10 - This afternoon fly to Sydney where you will have a free evening to do as you please.
Day 11 - A day of sightseeing around this stunning harbour city awaits! Discover Sydney's famous Eastern Suburbs and wiggle your toes in the sand at famous Bondi Beach. Next return to the city for a guided tour of iconic Sydney Opera House before taking to the water on a Captain Cook lunch cruise, sailing around the glistening harbor while you enjoy a fresh seasonal menu. Spend the rest of your day seeing the sights of your choice or maybe even take an optional experience to climb the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Day 12 - Today is free for you to do as you choose. Why not take a day trip to the spectacular Blue Mountains for fresh mountain air and stunning scenery. You'll visit the charming village of Leura, see the famous Three Sisters rock formation and visit a Wildlife Park to see some of Australia's cuddly native animals. Spend your last evening in Sydney together along with your Travel Director and companions in a local restaurant by the water.
Day 13 - This morning you say goodbye to Australia when your trip comes to an end after breakfast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 20 October 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans