Argentina, Uruguay & Brazil
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Welcome to elegant, cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, with its European colonial architecture and colorful mix of cultures. Each district has its own style: enjoy Palermo with its mansions and parks; shop in the chic boutiques of Soho and Hollywood; and soak up the Italian flavor of La Boca where tango dancers and artists display their talents for passersby. Then top it all off with an Argentine steak, perfectly grilled over a fire of glowing coals, and washed down with an excellent glass of Malbec.
Day 2 - Montevideo Montevideo exudes European charm and elegance, with broad boulevards, fountains, stately squares, and irresistible sidewalk cafes. The city maintains a low-key atmosphere despite its position as Uruguay’s commercial and political hub, and there are few skyscrapers on the horizon, though there are some surprising contrasts – an Art Nouveau pedestrian mall, Art Deco Centenary Stadium, and an American Embassy designed by I.M. Pei. Most of the nation’s countryside is farm or ranchland, and the life of the cowboy, or gaucho, is part of the local lore. Take a peak at the Gaucho Museum, or visit an estancia, and see them in action.
Day 3 - Punta Del Este Known as the Saint-Tropez of Latin America Punta del Este is a favorite summer playground of the rich and famous of southernmost South America, with a pristine 20-mile shoreline offering two distinctly different types of beaches. Big waves beckon surfers at la Brava, while calmer waters create ideal conditions for sailing or just plain relaxing at La Mansa.
Day 4 - At Sea
Day 5 - At Sea
Day 6 - Sao Paulo (Santos) A nearly 500-year old city, São Paulo has grown to become Brazil’s largest metropolis, and is ranked among the most populous cities in the world. Vibrant and bursting at the seams with life, São Paulo is a dream destination for those who love an atmosphere where anything feels possible. Sampa, as the locals call it, is well known as a city that never sleeps. This round-the-clock lifestyle gives it a kinetic energy that is certain to captivate you, and with Azamara®’s late stays in port, you’ll have ample opportunity to immerse yourself in every exciting moment. Start with a visit to the Museu de Arte de São Paulo—Sampa’s largest and most impressive museum, which contains the most comprehensive collection of Western art in all of Latin America. If you’re in the mood for shopping, visit the Shopping Iguatemi—a luxurious shopping mall where you can browse all of Brazil’s favorite brand names. If you’d rather a more artisanal experience, head to the Feira da Republica. This open-air market is perfect for a stroll while checking out authentic local handicrafts and paintings.
Day 7 - Ilhabela This “beautiful island” lives up to its name, and today belies its once lurid reputation as a hideout of smugglers and pirates. Where once failed coffee plantations replaced lush vegetation, the land has been reclaimed, and state park trails provide access to a luscious green jungle, with numerous waterfalls where you can stop for a swim along the way. Divers will find great opportunities on some of the many shipwrecks off the coast. And when you work up an appetite there is nothing better than shrimp right off the boat, accompanied by Brazil’s national cocktail, the Caipirinha.
Day 8 - Parati Trapped in a 300-year time warp, the entirety of this former gold rush town has been named a national historic monument. Its delightful Portuguese colonial architecture remains undisturbed, and nothing spoils the mood, not even traffic, as no cars are allowed in the old town center. In the 17th century it was one of the busiest and most important harbors on Brazil’s Atlantic coast, exporting gold from the interior. Follow the gold trail into the hinterlands in a 4WD, or tour a sugar estate and Cachaça distillery, where they brew up the strong sugar cane liquor that is the key ingredient in the national cocktail, the Caipirinha.
Day 9 - Rio De Janeiro This dynamic city set on a magnificent bay is famed for its carnival, its natural beauty and friendly people. See the famous Ipanema and Copacabana beaches.Shop till you drop in the modern and sophisticated shopping centre.
Day 10 - Rio De Janeiro This dynamic city set on a magnificent bay is famed for its carnival, its natural beauty and friendly people. See the famous Ipanema and Copacabana beaches.Shop till you drop in the modern and sophisticated shopping centre.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..