Jewels of Greece and Aegean Islands - 8 Days
From 2022-05-23 to 2022-10-24
7 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners.
4 nights 4 star hotels.
3 nights Greek island cruise aboard a Celestyal Olympia Cruise ship - inside cabin with all meals, daily drinks package (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), port taxes and service charges, tips on board.
One Airport arrival on Day 1 and one departure transfer on day 8 per booking.
Guided sightseeing in Athens, Delphi and Meteora and included excursion to Ephesus and the Minoan Palace of Knossos.
Services of an English-speaking tour guide for all scheduled sightseeing from days 1 - 4 and services of local guides for included sightseeing.
Entrance fees for all included sites.
All transfers and transportation in modern air conditioned vehicles.
Note: Touring is operated in conjunction with other tourist groups, not solely On The Go.
You will join travellers who booked through other operators for sightseeing each day, some staying in different hotels, and spend your evenings at leisure.
The group can vary in size from 20 - 45 persons.
Guiding may be in an additional language to English.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Athens Welcome to Greece! On arrival in Athens, you will be met and transferred to our hotel. The rest of the day is free to head out and explore the city, an incredible contrast of the ancient and the modern.
Day 2 - Athens Today we embark on a guided coach tour of Athens. We take in important highlights of the city including the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Zappeion and the Panathenaic Stadium, which is the only stadium in the world built entirely from marble. We also see the Greek Parliament and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Later we head to Athens' most iconic attraction - the legendary Acropolis. The Acropolis is an ancient citadel built atop a rock overlooking the city. As well as the amazing view, we take in the highlights of the site, including the Temple of Athena Nike, the Propylae and the most famous of all ancient Greek architecture, the Parthenon. We visit the excellent Acropolis Museum and the afternoon is at leisure to wander the streets of the picturesque Plaka district.
Day 3 - Delphi Athens - Delphi - Kalambaka. Leaving Athens, we head north towards Delphi, which was once one of the world's most sacred sites and an important pilgrimage destination. We admire the UNESCO-listed Sanctuary of Apollo and follow the footsteps of ancient Greeks on the Sacred Way. Admire the remains of the Temple of Apollo, home of the legendary Pythian Oracle. After our visit, we cross the mountains of Central Greece to Kalambaka.
Day 4 - Kalambaka Kalambaka - Meteora - Athens. Today we visit Meteora, where tiny sacred monasteries perch atop incredible towering rock formations. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful regions in the whole of Greece and the view from the cliffs is breathtaking.
After our visit to Meteora, we begin to make our way back to Athens. We stop at Thermopylae, where King Leonidas and 300 Spartans made a famous last stand against the Persians in 480 BC. A statue now stands here in the Spartan king's honour. After a quick photo opportunity, we continue to Athens, where the evening is at leisure.
Day 5 - Mykonos Athens - Mykonos. Enjoy a final breakfast in Athens before we transport you to Piraeus Port where you board your boat for a four day Greek island cruise. Your tour is independent from here. Settle in onboard before you depart for Mykonos, the island famous for its pristine white sand beaches and busy nightlife. There's free time to explore Mykonos town and relax with a glass of wine in one of the islands many bars.
Day 6 - Kusadasi Mykonos - Kusadasi (Turkey) - Patmos. Today we have a trip into Turkey as we dock at Kusadasi and visit the legendary marble ruins of Ephesus on an included excursion. Highlights of these famous ruins include the Temple of Serapis and the colossal Library of Celsus.
After our visit, the ship sets sail for the small Greek island of Patmos. Here you can join an optional visit to the famous monastery of St John and the Grotto of the Apocalypse. This site is believed to be where John of Patmos had the visions that he recorded in the Book of Revelation.
Day 7 - Heraklion Patmos - Crete - Santorini. Early this morning we dock at Heraklion, Crete. Enjoy an included visit to the Minoan Palace of Knossos. Legend has it this is where King Minos dwelt, and kept his son, the Minotaur, hidden in a labyrinth beneath the city.
We sail to the enchanting island of Santorini this afternoon. Santorini is considered one of the prettiest islands in the world, with black sand lava beaches and pretty whitewashed towns. There's free time to explore the island and you may opt to ride the cable car up to Fira town or join an optional excursion to Oia village, perched on the rim of a volcanic caldera.
Day 8 - Athens Santorini - Athens. Today we cruise back to Athens. Enjoy breakfast onboard before disembarkation and an included transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans