China Express - 6 Days
From 2022-09-03 to 2022-11-12
5 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 1 traditional Chinese dinner in Beijing.
4 nights 3 - 4 star hotels.
1 overnight train: Beijing - Xi'an (4-berth soft sleeper cabin).
Chinese acrobatic performance.
Rickshaw ride through Beijings Hutongs.
Xi’an - bike ride on medieval City Wall.
Beijing Capital Airport arrival transfer on day 1 and departure transfer day 6 from Xi'an Airport.
Touring of Beijing, Badaling, Juyongguan and Xi'an.
Tour Guide escorted for groups of 6 or more.
English speaking specialist guides at local sights.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Beijing Saturday. Huan ying, welcome to China and the start of your holiday! Airport arrival transfer from Beijing Capital Airport to your hotel for check-in. The remainder of the day offers free time for you to independently explore this astonishing city.
Day 2 - Beijing This morning, we explore the heart of Beijing, China's pulsating capital, including the vast Tiananmen Square where Chairman Mao’s tomb lies and various monuments to the people are located. Dominating the city centre is the Forbidden City, a centre of power for five centuries and seat of the emperors. Entering through the Gate of Heavenly Peace (replete with Chairman Mao’s portrait), we enjoy a guided tour of this old city within a city. Later we take an exciting rickshaw ride through the Hutongs of Beijing, weaving through old back lanes, traditional courtyards and compact houses, gaining a fascinating snapshot of the city’s traditional way of life. This evening, we enjoy an eye boggling Chinese acrobatic performance. Swinging ropes, juggling hoops, spinning plates and human pyramids are just a few tricks these show stoppers pull out followed by a Welcome Dinner of Peking Duck at a city restaurant.
Day 3 - Great Wall After a free morning to further explore the city, we drive beyond Beijing to Badaling, to walk a section of the famous Great Wall. Built in the Ming Dynasty, a 6m wide pathway makes a formidable defence, following the highest contours of a steep range of hills. This evening we spend the night at our quaint hotel near Juyongguan Pass, which offers views of the Great Wall.
Day 4 - Beijing Beijing - Xi’an. We rise early this morning and head (5 min bus drive) to the Great Wall at Juyongguan Pass when it opens to beat the crowds. We have time to enjoy and explore the wall before visiting a Jade Carving Centre to learn about this ornamental rock and its importance in Chinese culture. After lunch we head back to Beijing. Free time is offered in the cavernous Pearl Market - an Aladdin's Cave of souvenirs, handbags and gadgets in Beijing, before travelling by express soft sleeper train to Xi’an in Shaanxi Province.
Day 5 - Xi'an We pull in to Xi'an. This morning we discover the Terracotta Warrior archaeological site, where 7000 warriors stand battle ready and have done so for the past 2200 years. Later on we visit a clay workshop specialising in making replica figurines, followed by the Muslim Quarter. Tonight, we welcome you to join the optional Tang Dynasty Show, which includes dinner, a traditional performance and transfers (book/pay locally).
Day 6 - Xi'an Thursday. Today we take a casual bicycle ride on top of the nine mile Xi’an City Wall (no need to go the entire way around) perimeter peeking down upon the lively city beneath us. We the visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda. You’ll be transferred to the airport for your onward flight. Please ensure your flight is booked to depart Xi’an after 6pm.
If you require pre or post tour accommodation, or to return to Beijing for your onward travel arrangements (by train or flight) please see "Extra Prices" on the "Prices & Dates" tab for further details.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans