New Years in Wadi Rum - 8 Days
From 2020-12-27 to 2021-12-27
7 breakfasts and 2 dinners including New Year’s Bedouin Party at Wadi Rum camp.
6 nights - 4 star hotels, 1 night - Wadi Rum deluxe desert camp .
Wadi Rum desert 4x4 jeep safari.
Dead Sea - Free time to swim and detox.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 8.
Please note departure transfers on day 8 are only offered at 23:00 (day 7), 04:00, 07:00, 09:00, 12:00 & 16:00.
Touring of Amman, Jerash, Dead Sea, Petra, Wadi Rum, Shobak, Umm ar-Rasas, Mt Nebo and Madaba.
Escorted by a qualified Jordanian tour guide.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles .
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Amman 27 December 2019. Once you arrive into Amman you'll be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is yours to spend at leisure.
Day 2 - Jerash & Umm Qais Amman - Jerash - Umm Qais - Amman. Today we tour Jerash, arguably the world’s best-preserved Roman provincial city with whisper-perfect acoustics in the South Theater, chariot-wheel marks in the paving stones of the Cardo and an exciting chariot race in the 2,000-year-old Hippodrome. Drive on to Umm Qais (Biblical Gadara) to visit a dramatic black-basalt Roman Decapolis city featuring great views over the Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights. Later this evening we head out for a meal and a stroll along Rainbow Street to experience modern Amman with its hip bars, rooftop restaurants, art studios, bookshops and curious.
Day 3 - Mt Nebo & Umm ar Rasas Amman - Madaba - Mount Nebo - Umm ar Rasas - Petra. Today we tour the citadel and Archaeological Museum of Amman before we take a walk through the bustling local souk to enjoy typical Jordanian street treats of falafel and hummus at the country’s most popular local street stand. As the pictures on the wall will prove, the unglamorous food stand was a great favourite of the late King Hussein.
Leaving Amman we’ll stop first at Mt. Nebo, the site from which Moses saw the Promised Land. Having led the Israelites for 40 years through the wilderness, Moses finally saw them from this awesome vantage point. This amazing panorama includes the Jordan River Valley, the Dead Sea, Jericho and the spires and domes of the Mt. of Olives and Bethlehem on the Judean hills just across the wide valley. Later we visit Madaba en route to Petra where we see the Church of St George, the Madaba Archaeological Park, Apostles Church and Madaba Museum.
Our next port of call is Um ar-Rasas, one of Jordan’s World Heritage sites and once an important stop on the busy caravan routes. The impressive mosaic floor of the St. Stephen Church features medallions commemorating all the early Christian pilgrimage sites of the region, and the extensive ruins also include one of the area’s earliest Stylite towers, where a Byzantine hermit lived atop the tower and preached to the pilgrimage visitors.
Our final stop of the day is Petra. Want to learn how to cook Middle Eastern food? Consider opting for our Petra Kitchen Add-on tonight!
Day 4 - Petra Begin the day with a walk through the mysterious mile-long Siq, the narrow gorge with towering sandstone walls which leads into the ancient capital city of the Nabatean trading empire. Explore the Khazneh (the temple of Indiana Jones fame), Theater, Colonnaded Street and Museum. After lunch, climb to ad-Deir (the Monastery), Petra’s largest carved façade.
Day 5 - Wadi Rum Petra - Wadi Rum. This morning we have the opportunity to join our guide for a return to Petra along the “secret way” of al-Madras, with visits to the High Place of Sacrifice and Wadi Farasa. Mid-day stop in the Wadi Musa souk to pick up shawarma sandwiches or fruit and veggie snacks from the local produce souk before making the scenic drive to Wadi Rum. We make a late afternoon Jeep tour of this moonscape desert terrain, arriving to our remote camp site deep in the heart of the Wadi Rum Protected Area.
See out the old year at a Bedouin party featuring folkloric dancing, Bedouin musicians, hands-on demonstrations of traditional Bedouin coffee and bread making, fireworks and more….along with a lavish buffet dinner and champagne toast at midnight.
Day 6-7 - Dead Sea Wadi Rum - Shobak - Dead Sea. Happy New Year! After breakfast at the campsite on day 6, we head north along the Desert Highway to visit Shobak Castle, which is perched dramatically on a hill top and was built by the Crusader king Baldwin I in 1115. After exploring the castle we descend some 1300 meters to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on the earth’s surface. More than 400 meters below sea level, the mineral-rich Dead Sea is the world’s original health and beauty spa. Bob in the waters and slap on some of the famous black Dead Sea mud to give your skin an invigorating boost.
Day 7 is free to further relax and pamper yourself at the Dead Sea. Enjoy this natural phenomena, whiling away the time bobbing in the mineral rich buoyant waters and lathering up with a detoxifying mud bath.
Day 8 - Dead Sea 03 January 2020. Dead Sea - Amman Airport. Hotel check out and included onward transfer to the airport in Amman. Departure transfers are offered on day 8 at 23:00 (evening of day 7), 04:00, 07:00, 09:00, 12:00 and 16:00. If you would like a departure transfer at any other time or a transfer with post tour accommodation this can be arranged at an additional cost.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..