Passage to Petra - 6 Days
From 2020-01-26 to 2021-12-20
5 breakfasts and 1 dinners.
4 nights - 4 star hotels and 1 night - Wadi Rum deluxe desert camp.
4x4 desert safari through the sand dunes of Wadi Rum.
Dead Sea - Free time to swim and detox.
Touring of Amman, Dead Sea, Petra, Wadi Rum, Shobak, Umm ar-Rasas and Mt Nebo.
Escorted by a licensed Jordanian tour guide.
English speaking specialist guides at some local sights.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 6.
Please note departure transfers on day 6 are only offered at 04:00, 07:00 and 12:00.
All transfers and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Amman Sunday. Welcome to Jordan, arrive Amman, included transfer to our hotel.
Day 2 - Madaba Amman - Madaba - Mount Nebo - Umm ar Rasas - Petra. Morning visit to the Citadel and Archaeological Museum. Leaving Amman, we stop at Madaba and Mt. Nebo, and then continue onto Um ar-Rasas, one of Jordan’s World Heritage sites. Onto Petra for the night. Consider the evening Petra by Night excursion (payable locally).
Day 3 - Petra Morning walk through the mysterious mile-long Siq, to explore the Khazneh (the temple of Indiana Jones fame), Theatre, Colonnaded Street and Museum. After lunch, climb to ad-Deir (the Monastery) and this evening, why not try your hand at Jordanian cooking, on our Petra Kitchen Add-on?
Day 4 - Wadi Rum Petra - Wadi Rum. This morning offers opportunity to return to Petra. We stop in the Wadi Musa souk to pick up lunch before making the scenic drive to Wadi Rum. Afternoon jeep tour to our remote camp site deep in the heart of the Wadi Rum.
Day 5 - Dead Sea Wadi Rum - Shobak – Wadi Mujib - Dead Sea. After breakfast at the campsite, we head north along the Desert Highway. Visit Shobak Crusader Castle en route to the Dead Sea, to bob in the mineral rich waters. Later trek the Siq Trail of Wadi Mujib before returning to our resort by the Dead Sea.
Day 6 - Dead Sea Friday. Dead Sea - Amman Airport. Onward departure transfer to Amman's Queen Alia airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..