Turkey Discovered - 14 Days
From 2020-06-13 to 2021-12-18
Breakfast daily and 8 dinners.
12 nights 4-5 star hotels and 1 night in an Ottoman Mansion home .
Guided sightseeing - Istanbul, Gallipoli, Troy, Ruins of Ephesus, Pergamum, Sirince, Pamukkale, Hierapolis, Koycegiz, Kayakoy, Antalya, Konya, Cappadocia and Safranbolu.
Koycegiz Lake cruise and mud bath experience.
Wine tasting in Sirince.
Ferry crossing of the Dardanelles.
Canyon walk and tubing (optional) around Saklikent Gorge.
Escorted by an English speaking, degree qualified Turkish tour guides .
Airport arrival transfer on day 1 of tour and departure transfer (to Istanbul International Airport) at 9am and 1pm only on day 14.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private, modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Istanbul Touchdown in Turkey! We'll meet you at Istanbul airport and take you to your hotel.
You can either explore the city or unwind in your hotel. At 8pm, we'll gather in the hotel to meet our fellow travellers before our adventure begins.
- Direct transfer from the airport to your hotel
Day 2 - Istanbul Today we'll explore the sights of Istanbul. Our local guide will weave us through the bustling streets and reveal the fascinating history behind the mosques, palaces and museums.
We'll roam the streets of Sultanahmet - Istanbul's old town, explore the famous Blue Mosque and stop off at the stunning Topkapi Palace.
Day 3 - Canakkale Istanbul - Gallipoli. Once a site of devastating violence, the battlefields of Gallipoli now stand as a sombre reminder of lives lost in World War 1. We'll embark on an eye-opening tour as our guide unpacks the captivating history of the area.
We'll explore ANZAC Cove, Lone Pine Australian War Memorial, Chunuk Bair New Zealand War Memorial and the trenches that soldiers once sought cover in as they fought.
Crossing the Dardenelles by ferry, we'll enjoy panoramic views of the Gallipoli Peninsula. Arriving at our hotel in Canakkale, we can unwind by the water's edge after a busy day.
Day 4 - Kusadasi Gallipoli - Kusadasi. Taking a tour around the ancient city of Troy, we'll see the replica Trojan Horse and explore streets dating back to 3000BC. On our way to Kusadasi, we'll stop in Pergamum. Once a famous cultural and political centre, we'll explore its preserved temples and fascinating relics.
Day 5 - Ephesus Kusadasi - Sirince. Today, we'll take a step back in time and explore the Roman ruins of Ephesus. Roaming the streets of this classical city, we'll take an unforgettable tour around the carefully restored relics of a once-thriving empire.
After our tour, we'll watch a traditional carpet weaving demonstration; a true piece of Turkish culture. We'll then head to the Greek village of Sirince, a quaint mountainside valley, before returning to Kusadasi.
Day 6 - Pamukkale Kusadasi – Pamukkale. Making our way through cotton farms, we'll arrive at the ruins of Roman Hierapolis and the hot springs of Pamukkale. A surreal landscape of white cliffs, shimmering marble and quartz, the ruins are known locally as 'Cotton Castles'. Walk along the terraces or take a dip in the thermal baths.
Day 7 - Fethiye Pamukkale - Koycegiz - Fethiye. Arriving in the lakeside town of Koycegiz, we'll set sail on a boat cruise to Turtle Beach. Bathe in the moisturising muds of the local mud bath before we continue to Fethiye; a picturesque town nestled in the banks of Turkey's stunning Turquoise Coast.
Day 8 - Oludeniz Fethiye - Kayakoy Greek village - Oludeniz - Fethiye. In the morning, we'll explore the Greek village of Kayakoy. Then, we'll make tracks to Oludeniz; home to the spectacular Blue Lagoon. Enjoy a refreshing swim in the endless blue waters before we head back to Fethiye.
Day 9 - Antalya Fethiye - Antalya. Departing Fethiye we head across to another stunning part of the Mediterranean cost, Demre. In Demre, we'll take to the turqoise waters to visit the partially sunken city of Kekova. We'll explore the incredible ruins of this once flourishing city. Originally damaged by an earthquake in the 2nd century it was rebuilt during the Byzantine period before finally being abandoned during the Arab incursions of the 7th century. Once we've returned to Demre, we'll continue to the coastal city of Antalya where we'll enjoy dinner at our hotel.
Day 10 - Konya Antalya - Cappadocia. After an early rise, we'll head to Konya. On our way, we'll visit the ancient theatre of Aspendos - famously known as one of the best-preserved theatres of the Roman world.
In Konya, we'll tour the monastery of the Mevlana whirling dervishes; a fascinating insight into traditional Turkish culture. We'll then make our way along the famous Silk Road and stop at the Seljuk - an enchanting example of ancient caravanserai (a roadside inn).
Day 11 - Captivating Cappadocia Today, we'll discover the unforgettable scenery of Cappadocia. A land where time stands still, we'll explore prehistoric villages, underground churches and fascinating fortresses carved into rock.
Our expert guide will reveal the secrets of every turn we take. As we roam around Goreme Valley, we'll see clifftop houses, rock-cut chapels and castles. We'll also have the chance to enjoy a spot of retail therapy in an Onyx shop, where you'll find authentic Turkish jewellery.
In the evening, you can embrace your fairytale surroundings and enjoy an optional Turkish dinner and folklore evening.
Day 12 - Cappadocia Cappadocia - Safranbolu. In the morning, you'll have the chance to see Cappadocia from afar with an optional hot air balloon flight. See the surreal landscape from a unique perspective as you glide above the ancient villages and fortresses.
We'll then head to Safranbolu; a World Heritage site and home to striking examples of royal Ottoman architecture. Spend the afternoon roaming the characteristic cobbled streets and discovering traditional Turkish wares in artisan workshops.
In the evening, we'll stay in a traditional Ottoman mansion. Alternatively you can travel by flight from Cappadocia to Istanbul and spend the night at leisure in Istanbul.
Day 13 - Safranbolu Safranbolu - Istanbul. In the morning, we'll soak up the sights of the Old Town with a fascinating walking tour. After, we'll return to Istanbul and head to the famous Grand Bazaar. It's the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of Turkey's iconic market stalls.
Spend the remainder of the day exploring Istanbul on your own terms. Stuck for ideas? Just ask your friendly guide for some inspiration.
Day 14 - Istanbul Friday. Our Turkish adventure comes to an end after saying farewell to your new-found friends.
- Departure transfer from your hotel to Istanbul International Airport at 9am or 1pm
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..