Saigon City Stay - 3 Days
From 2023-12-09 to 2024-12-20
Airport arrival transfer on day 1.
2 nights 4 star hotel (3 and 5 star hotel options available - please enquire).
Guided sightseeing on day 2 conducted by a local English speaking specialist guide .
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles.
Entrance fees to all included sites.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1, Ho Chi Minh City
Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City and the south of Vietnam! This bustling metropolis, which is still commonly referred to as Saigon, is jam packed with historic landmarks, busy markets and enticing street stalls making it an excellent city break destination. Arriving into Ho Chi Minh international airport you'll be met by our local representative and transferred to your hotel for check in (from 2pm onwards - early check in available at additional cost). Remainder of the day at leisure.
No meals included.
Day 2, City sightseeing
Spend the day exploring Ho Chi Minh City accompanied by an English-speaking local guide who will share the history of this compelling city. First up is the Reunification Palace, so named as it was from here that north and south Vietnam were reunited after the Vietnam War. It's now a museum where you can visit the "War Room" from where the South Vietnamese forces were controlled, and most poignantly, the room where the North Vietnamese army took official control in 1975.
Nearby stands the Neo-Romanesque form of the Notre Dame Cathedral, a major centre of Catholicism in modern day Vietnam. Close to here is the wonderful Saigon Central Post Office, built during French colonial rule with a stunning vaulted roof and arched windows. From here proceed to the sprawling Ben Thanh Market, packed to the rafters with all manner of goods from food to clothes with plenty of typically Vietnamese souvenirs including conical hats and lacquer ware.
The day concludes with a stroll around the bustling area of Pho Tay, known as 'Streets of Foreigners' thanks to its popularity with backpackers from around the world. Here you can sample some of Vietnam's delicious snacks and street food from noodle soups to savoury pancakes. Perhaps grab a seat at one of the corner cafes and a cold beverage for a bit of people watching in the city.
1 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.
Day 3, Ho Chi Minh City
Today marks the end of touring arrangements. Make your way to the airport when you are ready.
1 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans