Jaipur - 3 Days
From 2022-06-29 to 2022-12-20
2 nights STANDARD hotels.
SUPERIOR and DELUXE hotel options are also available upon request.
Accommodation rating – See Trip Notes for details.
Touring - Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar Observatory, City Palace and Amber Fort (travel by jeep to the Amber Fort).
Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides for all included sight-seeing.
Entrance fees for all included sightseeing.
Return train journey Delhi to Jaipur (air-conditioned chair class).
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern Chauffeur driven air-conditioned vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Delhi Delhi - Jaipur. Early morning transfer to New Delhi Railway Station for Shatabdi Express train to Jaipur (air conditioned chair class). Arrive to UNESCO-listed Jaipur and transfer to your hotel. Enjoy a sightseeing tour this afternoon taking in the wonderful sights of the City Palace and Museum, Hawa Mahal and Jantar Mantar.
The capital of Rajasthan, also known popularly as the ‘pink city’, Jaipur was founded in the year 1727. Here you will see the Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds), which remains only a façade today and was originally built to enable ladies of the royal family to watch the everyday life and processions of the city.
The Jantar Mantar (observatory) was built between 1728 and 1734. Each of the instruments serves a particular function, that still gives accurate readings.
The City Palace is situated in the centre of the city occupying a large area divided into a series of courtyards, gardens and buildings. You can see the textile and costume museum, arms and armour museum, art gallery and the hall of public and private audience.
Pease note the Shatabdi Express train runs daily except Wednesdays.
Day 2 - Jaipur After breakfast, we head to the Amber Fort, a Rajput extravaganza. For security and defence purposes, the impressive fort has a commanding view of the surrounding area, sheer walls and a curved route that leads to the palaces within. The fort is beautifully mirrored in Maota Lake, which stands adjacent to the Dilaram Garden.
The private apartments begun by Man Singh in the 17th century combine Hindu and Mughal styles and the Sheesh Mahal (Hall of Mirrors), its walls covered with tiny mirrors, becomes a dazzling fantasy with the light of a single match! Make sure you visit the Jag Mandir or the Hall of Victory glittering with mirrors, Jai Mahal and the Kali Temple.
Day 3 - Jaipur Jaipur - Delhi. Free time in morning at leisure. Late afternoon, we transfer to Jaipur Railway Station for the Shatabdi Express train to Delhi (air conditioned chair class). Upon arrival in Delhi, transfer to hotel (should you have booked additional accomodation for this night) or to the airport to meet your onward flight.
If you'd like to extend your stay, we offer a variety of hotels, short stays and add-ons for you to choose from. Please read our best places to visit or [[best things to see each month|126647]] for suggested places to visit on your holiday. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please let us know so we can accommodate your request.
For information about visas, top travel tips, best time to travel and much more, browse our [[travel guide|126581]].
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans