Kolkata - 3 Days
From 2022-06-29 to 2022-12-20
2 nights STANDARD hotels.
SUPERIOR and DELUXE hotel options are also available upon request.
Accommodation rating – See Trip Notes for details).
Touring - Victoria Memorial Hall, Indian Museum, Dakshineswar Hindu Temple, Belur Math, Nakhoda Mosquem Howrah Bridge, Flower Market and Jain Temple.
Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides for all included sight-seeing.
Entrance fees for all included sightseeing.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern Chauffeur driven air-conditioned vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Kolkata Welcome to Kolkata! On arrival to Kolkata you are met at the airport and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is free to independently explore Kolkata or relax at your hotel.
Day 2 - Kolkata Today we enjoy a sightseeing tour of this metropolis, including the Victoria Memorial, Indian Museum, Jain Temple and the Howrah bridge.
Formerly known as Calcutta, India’s second-largest city (population 14,000,000) is a fascinating east coast metropolis. Visit the Marble Palace Mansion to see the paintings and statues, the Jain Temple, Dakshineswar Hindu Temple (12 Shiva shrines), Belur Math (a temple complex and the headquarters of a Monastic Order that is Hindu in origin), the Victoria Memorial, Dalhousie Square (interesting architecture) and the Nakhoda Mosque. For a spectacular view of the city, climb the Octherlony Monument (218 steps up).
Kolkata is also the home of Mother Teresa’s Ashram Home of Children - a visit here can be an emotional and enlightening experience. For a spot of shopping head to the Maidan (market), and as in many large Indian cities Kolkata has a fascinating train station, worth a leisurely visit even if you’re not taking a train.
Day 3 - Kolkata Arrangements end after breakfast today and a transfer to Kolkata Airport to meet your onward fight.
If you'd like to extend your stay, we offer a variety of hotels, short stays and add-ons for you to choose from. Please read our best places to visit or [[best things to see each month|126647]] for suggested places to visit on your holiday. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please let us know so we can accommodate your request.
For information about visas, top travel tips, best time to travel and much more, browse our [[travel guide|126581]].
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans