Rishikesh - 4 Days
From 2023-12-09 to 2024-10-01
3 nights STANDARD hotel.
SUPERIOR and DELUXE hotel options are also available upon request.
Accommodation rating – See Trip Notes for details.
Return transport from Delhi in a chauffeur driven air-conditioned car.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1, Delhi to Rishikesh
Delhi - Rishikesh. Today we will meet you at your hotel and then we drive from Delhi to Rishikesh (approximately 5-6 hours) and check into the small boutique hotel. The remainder of today is at your leisure.
No meals included.
Day 2-3, Rishikesh
Spend the next two days at leisure - explore or just relax, the choice is yours. There is plenty to see and do, in and around Rishikesh.
The gateway to the Garhwal Himalaya and one of the holiest towns in India, Hindus regard Rishikesh as highly as Muslims regard Mecca. Rishikesh has attracted pilgrims, poets, artists and mystics for thousands of years. The Beatles famously went to Rishikesh in the late 1960s and visited Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's ashram which is now closed. At Maharishi's ashram they composed over 40 songs including one titled 'The Happy Rishikesh Song'.
Pilgrims clad in loincloths tread the town's dusty streets and camp on the banks of the sacred Ganges, which sweeps majestically through the town and out onto the great Indian plains. Head for Triveni Ghat to watch pilgrims participate in the daily worship ritual known as Aarti.
Apart from being a popular pilgrimage destination Rishikesh is equally popular with those who enjoy adventure activities. There are many scenic trekking trails to be found in the surrounding Himalayas and great opportunities for white water rafting, kayaking and horse riding. Rishikesh is also the International capital of yoga and meditation. During your stay why not try out yoga at the local Ashram and afterwards relax with an Ayurvedic massage.
2 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.
Day 4, Delhi
A free morning to soak up some final sights or perhaps enjoy a spot of shopping, we drive back to Delhi and transfer to your hotel or to the airport for your onward flight.
If you'd like to extend your stay, we offer a variety of hotels, short stays and add-ons for you to choose from. Please read our best places to visit or [[best things to see each month|126647]] for suggested places to visit on your holiday. If you can't find what you're looking for, please let us know so we can accommodate your request.
For information about visas, top travel tips, best time to travel and much more, browse our [[travel guide|126581]].
1 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans