Shimla - 4 Days
From 2022-05-18 to 2023-12-11
3 nights STANDARD hotels.
SUPERIOR and DELUXE hotel options are also available upon request.
Accommodation rating – See Trip Notes for details.
One way Himalayan Queen toy train journey Kalka to Kandaghat (1st class non air-conditioned).
Train journey from Delhi to Kalka (air-conditioned chair car).
Train journey from Kalka to Delhi (air-conditioned chair car).
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern Chauffeur driven air-conditioned vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Delhi Delhi - Shimla. Early morning transfer from our hotel to the Shatabdi Express train to Kalka and then transfer to the Himalayan Queen toy train to Kandaghat. On arrival into Kandaghat you'll be met and transferred to your hotel in Shimla by road. Rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 2-3 - Shimla Free time to explore the city. The ‘summer capital’ of British India sprawls along a crescent-shaped ridge at an altitude of over 2100m in southern Himachal Pradesh. This was the most important hill station in India before independence. The famous main street, The Mall, still runs along the crest of the ridge and is lined with stately English-looking houses. Christ Church, Gorton Castle and the fortress-like former Viceroyal Lodge reinforce the English favour.
Day 4 - Delhi Shimla - Delhi. Morning is at leisure and later we drive to Kalka Railway Station to connect with your train for Delhi. On arrival to Delhi you will be met and taken to your hotel or to the airport in time to connect with your onward fight.
If you'd like to extend your stay, we offer a variety of hotels, short stays and add-ons for you to choose from. Please read our best places to visit or [[best things to see each month|126647]] for suggested places to visit on your holiday. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please let us know so we can accommodate your request.
For information about visas, top travel tips, best time to travel and much more, browse our [[travel guide|126581]].
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans