Waterfalls Wine & Wilderness - 14 Days
From 2022-10-01 to 2023-04-01
13 nights STANDARD accommodation.
Upgrading to SUPERIOR or DELUXE accommodation options are also available upon request.
Accommodation rating – See Trip Notes for details.
13 breakfasts and 1 dinner.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 14.
Services of local English-speaking specialist guides.
Entrance fees to all sites included in the itinerary.
City tour of Buenos Aires, excursions to the Brazilian and Argentinian sides of Iguazu Falls, half day tour of wineries and vineyards in Mendoza, and full day excursion to Perito Moreno Glacier and Nautical Safari Navigation boat trip on a shared basis (private touring available for a supplement).
Tango Show and dinner with shared transfers.
All relevant transfers and transportation on a private basis unless otherwise stated.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Bienviendos a Argentina! Upon arrival into the international airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel where the rest of the day can be spent at leisure.
Day 2 - Buenos Aires Sightseeing Often labelled the ‘Paris of South America’, Buenos Aires, or simply BA, is a seductive mix of elegant architecture, characterful residents and fantastic entertainment options. This morning join a scheduled city tour taking in the Neoclassical Metropolitan Cathedral, the unusual dusty pink Government House and the history-packed Plaza de Mayo. Head to the neighbourhood of San Telmo where street performers gather to display the sensuous dance of tango, and continue to La Boca, a colourful suburb popular with local artists. Wander the attractive streets of Palermo until you reach Recoleta and the famous cemetery of the same name.
Day 3 - Tango in BA Enjoy a day at leisure to explore Buenos Aires your own way – wander the city’s many distinctive barrios on the hunt for colourful street art or head to the markets for some souvenir shopping. Prided as a literary city, Buenos Aires has a number of fabulous book shops worth checking out, often housed in revamped historical buildings.
Later in the evening you will be collected from your hotel for a scheduled transfer to Café de Los Angelitos for a night of love, passion, madness and glamour with a traditional tango show. Born in the brothels of the 1920s, Argentine tango is a completely improvised dance and attracts both the old and the young.
Day 4-5 - Iguazu Falls (Argentina) Buenos Aires – Iguazu Falls. After breakfast this morning transfer to the airport for your flight to Puerto Iguazu, your base for exploring the magnificent Iguazu Falls. Straddling the border between Argentina and Brazil, the Iguazu Falls are composed of over 250 separate cascades. Upon arrival a scheduled transfer will take you to your hotel, and later you will join a scheduled tour of the Brazilian side of the falls, walking along catwalks that allow you to see the torrents of water at their most impressive.
On day 5 enjoy a scheduled full day excursion to the Argentinean side of the falls. A number of walking trails are available bringing you in front of or above the rapids. You’ll also see the dramatic Garganta del Diablo or Devil’s Throat, an awe-inspiring display of natural power.
Day 6-7 - Mendoza Iguazu Falls – Mendoza. On day 6 a scheduled transfer will take you to the airport for your flight to Mendoza, the wine capital of Argentina. With striking snow-capped peaks visible on the horizon and an alluring combination of top-class dining and vibrant nightlife, Mendoza is the perfect place to base yourself for trips to the surrounding vineyards. Here you will join a scheduled tour of the Wine Route. The valleys around Mendoza are primarily farmland producing delicious olives, almonds, cherries, plums and of course, wine. Touring two wine cellars observe how wine is made, from the picking of the grape to the bottling of the final product, with time for a cheeky glass or two! Spend day 7 at your own leisure further exploring the area.
Day 8-10 - Bariloche Mendoza – Bariloche. Enjoy breakfast at your hotel before transferring to the airport for your flight to Bariloche in the south of Argentina’s Lake District. Resting on the slopes of a dramatic massif and facing Nahuel Huapi, Bariloche enjoys an enviable setting. Upon arrival a scheduled transfer will take you to your hotel. Over the next three days you are free to independently explore Bariloche and the surrounding lakes. Spend some time getting to know the alpine style town and its quaint chocolate shops or head for the hills and partake in outdoor activities ranging from mountain biking to horse riding.
Day 11 - El Calafate Bariloche - El Calafate. After breakfast take a scheduled transfer to the airport for your flight to El Calafate, the starting point for excursions to one of Argentina’s most famous natural wonders – the Pertio Moreno glacier. On arrival, a scheduled transfer will take you to your hotel. Remainder of day free.
Day 12-13 - El Calafate Measuring 30km in length, the monstrous Perito Moreno glacier is a jagged mass of crevasses and towering columns of ice. It’s also unusual in the sense that it is actually growing in size and constantly moving forward. Today enjoy a full day scheduled excursion beginning at Brazo Rico where you will be able to spot floating icebergs and continuing with a nautical safari on Rico Lake for spectacular views of the ice walls.
The following day offers a chance for you to continue exploring the southern sector of Parque Nacional los Glaciares independently or enjoy some downtime at Lago Argentino. Other options include a full day tour to the Bosque Pertificado La Leona, a petrified forest with fossilised trunks and dinosaur bones.
Day 14 - El Calafate After breakfast and hotel check out take a scheduled transfer to the airport for your onward departure journey. Adios from Argentina!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans