Way to Rio - 10 Days
From 2022-08-13 to 2022-10-01
Half day Corcovado Mountain tour in Rio on a shared basis with an English speaking guide (private tour available for a supplement).
All relevant transfers and transportation.
8 nights STANDARD accommodation.
Upgrading to SUPERIOR or DELUXE accommodation options are also available upon request.
Accommodation rating – See Trip Notes for details.
8 breakfasts and 1 lunch.
Public bus services from Iguazu - Curibita; Curitiba - Sao Paulo; Sao Paulo - Rio de Janeiro.
Full day Serra do Mar scenic mountain range train journey to Morretes and Antonina with guided touring (tourist class train ticket).
Full day tour of the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls and half day tour of the Brazilian side of the falls, with an English speaking guide.
1 overnight bus journey from Iguazu to Curitiba.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Iguazu Falls (Argentina) Welcome to Iguazu, upon arrival in Puerto Iguazu Airport in Argentina you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. Spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 2 - Iguazu Falls (Argentina) Today you will enjoy a full day guided tour of the Argentine side of Iguazu falls. Iguazu National Park can be explored via 3 circuits, known as the lower path, higher path and the Devil's throat. The Lower Path is a 1,200-metre-walk that gives a great view of the majority of the rapids and falls from a front and lower point of view. The Higher Path is a 1,300-metre-walk that will raise your adrenaline level as you take in the breathtaking scenery from a cliff edge outlook. The Devil’s Throat path starts with a short train ride before you can explore the catwalks which wind there way through islands until it reaches the edge of the fall.
Day 3 - Curitiba Iguazu Falls - Curitiba. Making your way across the border this morning into Brazil. From here enjoy a guided tour of the Brazilian side of the falls. The length of the walk is 1,200 metres and takes in views of 275 waterfalls. The four main rapids on the Brazilian side are Floriano, Deodoro, Benjamín Constant and Salto Unión or The Devil´s Throat.
This afternoon you'll make your own way to the bus terminal in Iguazu to board an overnight bus to Curitiba.
Day 4-5 - Curitiba & Morretes Travelling east you arrive into Curitiba on day 4 in the early hours where your rep will be waiting to welcome you and transfer you to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure so why not head out and explore the city or relax and catch up on some sleep? Curitiba is one of the most sustainable cities in the world and is fast becoming one of the country's most desirable places to live. You can take a walk down to one of the parks and see the city's answer to noisy, polluting and expensive lawnmowers - a herd of hungry sheep!
On day 5 enjoy an incredibly scenic train journey through Serra do Mar, the largest preserved area of Brazil’s Atlantic Rainforest. Travel from Curitiba 934m above the sea level, to Morretes just a few metres above sea level. On this full day guided excursion explore Morretes and Antonina before your private transfer back to Curitiba. Morretes is a small enchanting city in the heart of the Atlantic Rainforest, with colonial houses and adorable chapels and Antonina is a lovely colonial city with a beautiful bay and harbour.
Day 6-7 - Sao Paulo Curitiba - Sao Paolo. On day 6 you will be transferred to the bus station for your journey to Sao Paulo, “the city that never stops”. On arrival you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Remainder of day and the whole of day 7 are at leisure so why not independently explore one of the world’s biggest metropolises.
The sheer size of Sao Paulo is simply mind blowing, being the world's 3rd largest city you'll be hard pushed to not find something to do. Why not head to the Banespa Skyscraper for incredible views of the city, check out Sao Paulo’s fantastic collection of museums or go on a culinary journey through the streets as you'll see restaurants from all over the world in abundance. Even though Sao Paulo is Brazil's most modern city there are still lots of traditional things to experience, from street capoeira (a martial art that was made into a dance by the slaves when the ruling classes outlawed it) to the delicious churrascaria restaurants that serve some of the most mouth-watering meats from the skewer - a dining experience not to be missed!
Day 8-10 - Rio De Janeiro Sao Paolo - Rio de Janeiro. On day 8 you’ll be transferred to Sao Paolo bus station for your journey to the party capital of the world - Rio de Janeiro. Upon arrival in Rio you'll be met and transferred to your hotel.
The following day visit the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue on a half day Corcovado Mountain tour. After a scenic drive along Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, you will arrive at the bottom of the Corcovado Hill and travel by train up the mountain to reach the towering statue of Christ the Redeemer, located 2,300 ft above sea level. Marvel at this incredible world wonder and enjoy an incredible panoramic view of Rio.
Spend the rest of your time at leisure in Brazil's most captivating city. Consider taking a trip up Sugar Loaf Mountain by cable car or soaking up the sunshine on one of Rio's famous beaches, such as Copacabana and Ipanema. You can also take the old tram system across the viaduct into the cobblestone neighbourhood of Santa Teresa, or a walking tour of Rio's historic buildings is also a lovely way to pass an afternoon, If you are in Rio de Janeiro around February/March get ready for the world's biggest party, the Rio Carnival. Arrangements end on day 10 with a transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans