Buenos Aires Short Break
From 09/08/2022 to 01/01/2023
Discover Buenos Aires, Argentina's vibrant and sultry capital.
Tour its best sights, then explore its many corners at your leisure, from iconic historical buildings to tucked-away tango venues.
Join a local guide for an in-depth exploration of the city.
Explore both modern and traditional neighbourhoods, visiting Puerto Madero, La Boca, San Telmo and the Recoleta Cemetery.
Find out : 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Buenos Aires - Half-day guided tour.
Buenos Aires - Rooftop Asado BBQ dinner.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Buenos Aires Bienvenido! Welcome to Buenos Aires, Argentina’s lively capital city. You’ll be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel on arrival. With no activities planned for today, you are free to arrive at your accommodation at any time. With an intoxicating mix of Latin soul and European influences, beautiful Buenos Aires is a delight to explore. If you arrive with time to spare, why not head out to see the street murals of San Telmo, or visit Casa Rosada, the office of the president of Argentina. This evening, you may like to take part in an iconic Buenos Aires experience and watch a live tango show. One of the best spots in the city is Cafe Tortoni, an intimate venue that’s been open since 1858. Sit back with a Malbec, perhaps grab some dinner, and watch a passionate performance. This activity needs to be pre-booked so please enquire ahead of time.
Day 2 - Buenos Aires Rise and shine for a morning of exploring Buenos Aires. A local guide will collect you from your accommodation at 9am this morning, then your first stop is the Plaza de Mayo, the heart of the city and the place it was founded. Continue to Puerto Madero, a slick neighbourhood on the banks of the Rio de la Plata, then head to La Boca to learn of the importance of football in the city and the influence of the immigrant community. Next up is the creative neighbourhood of San Telmo where you’ll learn about the origins of tango, then visit the famous Recoleta Cemetery, where many notable people are buried. Return to your accommodation in the afternoon and enjoy some free time for your own discoveries. At 5.30pm, head down to the hotel lobby where a transfer will be waiting to take you to dinner. Travel to the home of a Porteno (a resident of Buenos Aires) for a delicious barbecue dinner on their rooftop. Take in incredible views of the city and watch the sun go down while you chat to your friendly hosts and gain insight into everyday life in Buenos Aires. Tuck into classic dishes like provoleta, chimichurri, chocotorta and plenty of Argentine wine.
Day 3 - Buenos Aires Your Buenos Aires adventure comes to an end after breakfast this morning. If you’re staying on in the city, there are plenty of galleries, museums and historic buildings to keep you entertained. The Museo Evita is dedicated to the life (and gowns) of former First Lady Eva Peron. MALBA is an incredible art gallery showcasing a private collection, including works by Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, and great temporary exhibits.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans