Ushuaia Short Break
From 07/01/2024 to 18/03/2024
Before you head off on your Antarctic expedition on board the Ocean Endeavour, take the chance to get to know Ushuaia and its surrounds – you’ll soon see it’s well worth the visit!.
Venture into the rugged landscapes of Tierra del Fuego National Park on a guided day tour, trekking along a scenic coastal path and canoeing along the Lapataia and Ovando rivers.
Enjoy a lunch to remember in a heated dome tent on the banks of the Lapataia River, dining on dishes made with local ingredients and paired with Malbec wine.
Breakfasts Included: 1.
Lunches Included: 1.
Wyndham Garden Ushuaia Hotel del Glaciar (1 night).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 1 - 10.
Ushuaia- Complimentary Arrival Transfer from the Airport to your Ocean Endeavour Hotel.
Ushuaia- Tierra del Fuego National Park Full Lunch.
Ushuaia - Tierra del Fuego National Park Trekking.
Ushuaia- Tierra del Fuego Canoeing.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Ushuaia Bienvenidos! Welcome to Ushuaia, Argentina, the world's southernmost city. While it's a jumping off point for Antarctic voyages, Ushuaia is a fabulous destination in its own right. With no activities planned for today, you're free to arrive at any time. If time allows today, you may like to pay a visit to the Museo del Fin del Mundo (End of the World Museum), where you can learn about the region's history as a hub for explorers and browse historical wildlife exhibits and indigenous artefacts. If you're after any last-minute essentials before departing, take a stroll down Avenida San Martin. Feeling hungry? There's no shortage of delicious dishes on offer in Ushuaia, most centred around fresh local ingredients such as king crab, cod, mussels and Patagonian lamb.
2 - Tierra del Fuego National Park Rise early this morning and fuel up for the day's activities over breakfast. You will be picked up from the lobby between 8 and 8.30am. Drive on to Tierra del Fuego National Park, where you'll start by stretching your legs and getting to know your beautiful surroundings with a moderate 8km walk along a coastal path. Once you've worked up an appetite, stop for a truly special lunch on the banks of the Lapataia River, served in a heated dome tent. Soak up the seriously scenic views and tuck into a hearty lunch made with local ingredients (accompanied by Malbec wine, of course!). After lunch, gear up with rubber boots, waterproof overpants and lifejackets, then hop aboard inflatable canoes and paddle from Lake Acigami along the Lapataia and Ovando rivers until reaching the sea in Lapataia Bay. After an exciting day exploring the national park, you'll return to Ushuaia in the early evening and be dropped off at your hotel in plenty of time to join the briefing for your Antarctic expedition on the Ocean Endeavour.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans