Perito Moreno Glacier Short Break
From 10/12/2023 to 29/12/2024
The Patagonian town of El Calafate serves as the base for your adventure.
You’ll have time to explore the town and check out its many restaurants and shops.
Spend a full day discovering the truly remarkable Perito Moreno Glacier.
Watch icebergs crash into the channel below from viewing platforms, or take an optional cruise around the lake for a different perspective.
Visit a local estancia that’s been run by the same family since it was established more than 100 years ago.
Take part in ranch activities and tuck into a traditional lunch.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 1.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
El Calafate - Perito Moreno Glacier day trip.
El Calafate - Estancia day trip.
Itinerary / more information
1 - El Calafate Bienvenidos! Welcome to Argentina. You'll be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel on arrival - you can arrive at any time on day one as there are no activities planned. You will receive a welcome email with a detailed itinerary for tomorrow. El Calafate is a small town on the southern shore of Lago Argentino in Patagonia. Originally a sheep station and trading outpost, today El Calafate has developed a bustling small town atmosphere thanks to a growing tourist trade. Most people base themselves here whilst visiting the nearby Perito Moreno Glacier, located a short distance away at the southern reaches of the Parque Nacional Los Glaciares. Interestingly the town takes its name from the Calafate berry, and locals claim that if you eat one of these and make a wish, you are guaranteed to return to Patagonia.
2 - Perito Moreno You'll be picked up from your hotel between 9 and 9.15 this morning and head out for a full day exploring the Perito Moreno glacier. Standing 70 metres tall in the middle of Lake Argentino, this enormous, frozen mass of land attracts tourists from all over the world - year in, year out. At five kilometres wide and around 30 kilometres in length, Perito Moreno Glacier boasts a surface area of around 250 sq km, so it's pretty hard to miss. The monstrous chunks of ice that regularly shed from the main bulk of the glacier provide spectacular viewing from the catwalks that surround it, and cause huge waves to kick up and crash across the lake. While here you'll also have the option to take a one hour glacier cruise. Needless to say, it will be cold! Please ensure you take plenty of warm clothes for this trip - particularly in the winter months. Return back to your hotel in El Calafate for an evening at leisure.
3 - El Calafate After breakfast this morning, set out to experience a different side of Patagonia during a visit to a local Estancia (ranch). Founded over 100 years ago, the Estancia is still run by the family who established it, rearing sheep and cattle. Learn about rural life in Patagonia and the operations on the ranch, perhaps taking part in a shearing demonstration, horseback riding or walks around the scenic property. Sit down to a traditional Patagonian lunch made with ingredients produced on the ranch. Return to your hotel in El Calafate in the evening.
4 - El Calafate There are no activities planned for the final day and you are able to depart the accommodation at any time.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans