Walk Victoria's High Country
From 20/04/2024 to 03/04/2025
Hike three of Victoria’s best-known alpine walking areas: Mt Buffalo, Falls Creek and the iconic Razorback Ridge to Mount Feathertop.
Be treated to classic Victorian scenery with sweeping alpine vistas, snow gum meadows and fresh mountain air.
Unpack once and spend four nights in the same, charming accommodation in Bright, the perfect springboard to some of the region’s best hikes.
Explore the Victorian Alps, otherwise known as the Victorian High Country, and discover historical mountain huts built in the 1800’s.
Enjoy a hearty breakfast, lunch and dinner on every full day of the trip, expect delicious food that keeps you fuelled up for your treks.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 4.
Cabin (4 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Mount Buffalo National Park - Day walks.
Mount Buffalo National Park - The Big Walk.
Alpine National Park - Falls Creek & Bogong High Plains walks.
Alpine National Park - Mt Feathertop Summit walk.
Alpine National Park - The Razorback Walk.
Bright - Ovens River to Bright Canyon walk.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Melbourne Your adventure begins in Melbourne (Narrm in the language of the Wurundjeri people, who are the traditional owners of the land on which Melbourne is now located). You'll meet your group early this morning at 8am and then sit back and relax on the drive to Euroa where we will enjoy morning tea before continuing to Mount Buffalo National Park. With sheer cliffs, waterfalls, and sweeping views, this alpine wonderland will dazzle you with its natural beauty. After exploring some of the lower walks in the national park, we'll get settled into our home away from home for the next four nights in Bright, on the traditional lands of the Dhudhuroa, Taungurung, Waywurru, Gunaikurnai and Jaithmathang peoples. A picturesque town on the scenic Great Alpine Road, Bright is the perfect launching pad to explore some of the region's best walking tracks.
2 - Mt Buffalo National Park Enjoy a hearty breakfast at your cosy guest house, where the atmosphere is as warm as your comfy bed each night. This morning, drive back to Mt Buffalo National Park, the traditional lands of the Taungurung peoples, to take on 'The Big Walk'. This spectacular trek to the top of the Buffalo Plateau climbs through tall forests and granite slopes. And as the altitude increase, so too does the scenery, with sweeping views of the Australian Alps. Finish the walk at The Gorge, perched atop a 300-meter sheer cliff with incredible panoramic views over the Alps. After the walk, kick back as we drive around the top of Mount Buffalo and marvel at the incredible granite formations that rise from the plateau below. There's plenty of wildlife that call Mount Buffalo home, so keep your eyes peeled for Lyrebirds, Eastern Rosellas, Wombats and Swamp Wallabies. After a big day of exploring the national park, head back to your cosy guesthouse for dinner with your group.
3 - Falls Creek After breakfast, you'll enjoy a slightly easier hike in the alpine meadows of the Bogong High Plains to the summit of Mount Nelse where you'll admire the surrounding views. Follow parts of the 650km Australian Alpine Walking Track, on the traditional lands of the Taungurung & Gunaikurnai peoples, that winds along ridges and plains in the high country of Victoria and New South Wales. Plus, visit one of the famous mountain huts of the Victorian high country. Many of these huts, dotted across the high country, were built in the 1800's and form part of the region's heritage.
4 - Alpine National Park Today it's time for the walk everyone has been waiting for - one of the most iconic walks in Victoria, the Razorback Ridge. Mount Feathertop is the second-highest mountain in Victoria, nearly two kilometres high and usually covered in snow from June to September. After a short drive, we'll commence our hike via the Razorback Walk, one of Victoria's most famous and rewarding walks, which leads to 'The Cross' where we'll stop for a well-deserved lunch. From here, you can choose to walk the steep summit of Mount Feathertop where the views stretch on forever. Regardless of whether you continue to the top, you'll enjoy some of the best views, from one of the best day walks in Australia today. Tonight, swap travel stories with your fellow group members as you enjoy your final dinner together at a beautiful local spot.
5 - Bright After breakfast, enjoy a leisurely morning in town or lace up your hiking boots one last time and explore the Canyon Walk. Keep an eye out for birds and wildflowers as you enjoy views of the small canyon carved by the Ovens River and see water races dug by the region's early miners. If you've done enough walking for one week, you might like to simply soak up the quaint town atmosphere and let life pass you by from a local caf? or artisan boutique. Then, we'll make our way back to Melbourne, where our walking adventure comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans