Italian Expresso - 5 Days
From 2023-12-11 to 2024-10-28
4 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 1 dinner.
4 nights 4 star hotels.
Escorted by an English-speaking Italian tour guide with specialist guides for some sightseeing.
Transportation by deluxe coach with Wi-Fi, audio headsets and onboard toilet.
Guided sightseeing in Florence and Venice.
Cicchetti & Prosecco or Spritz experience in Venice.
Note: Touring is operated in conjunction with other tourist groups, not solely On The Go.
You will join travellers who booked through other operators for sightseeing each day, some staying in different hotels, and spend your evenings at leisure.
The group can vary in size from 20 - 50 persons.
Guiding may be in an additional language to English.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 from the Hotel St Martin in Rome. Please arrive in Rome the day before your tour to ensure you don't miss the coach.no breakfast, no lunch, 1 dinner included.Day 2, FlorenceToday we enjoy a half-day sightseeing tour of Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance' and home of Michelangelo. Take in the beautiful Duomo, formally known as the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. Other highlights of the city include the town hall - Palazzo Vecchio and the Basilica of Santa Croce, burial place for illustrious Italians including Michelangelo, Galileo, and Machiavelli. We tuck into lunch at a typical Tuscan restaurant in Piazza Santa Croce, and the rest of the day is at leisure. We recommend pre-booking a visit to the Uffizi Gallery or the Academia (home to the original David).1 breakfast, 1 lunch, no dinner included.Day 3, BolognaFlorence - Bologna - Padua - Venice. Departing Florence, we drive to beautiful Bologna, capital of the Emilia-Romagna region. Stroll through the elegant city centre to see some of the beautiful porticos and shopping streets. Stroll from Piazza Malpighi to Piazza del Nettuno and Piazza Maggiore in the heart of the city, and see the Basilica of San Petronio. There's free time to find a good restaurant for lunch. In the afternoon we pay a short visit to Padua, a riverside city west of Venice. We'll see the Basilica of Saint Anthony, which is one of the most visited churches by pilgrims in the Catholic world. Then it's on to Venice, where we check into our hotel for the next two nights.1 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.Day 4, VeniceAfter breakfast, it's time to explore perhaps Italy's most famous and romantic destination. The floating city is a photographer's dream, and we'll be taking in the main highlights. Our tour begins in Piazza San Marco, in English known as St Mark's Square. It's the focal point of the city, dominated by St Mark's Basilica. We also see the Gothic Doge's Palace and the legendary Bridge of Sighs. After our tour, we enjoy some cicchetti (Italian tapas) and a glass of prosecco in our beautiful setting and there is free time for you to explore further - we strongly recommend a gondola ride on Venice's famous canals!1 breakfast, 1 lunch, no dinner included.Day 5, TuscanyVenice - Tuscany wine region - Rome. Leaving Venice, we head into Tuscany, one of Italy's most idyllic regions. A land known for its beautiful scenery, historic castles, and some of Italy's finest wines. We enjoy a stop in the medieval town of Montepulciano for lunch, where you can try a glass or two of the region's vino. Then we have a short amount of free time to explore the town further, before returning to Rome. Our tour arrangements ends when we get back to the city. Please note: We will not arrive back in Rome until late afternoon or early evening, so please be aware of this when arranging your flights. We would encourage you to stay in Rome for an extra night, and book your onward flight for the day after our tour concludes.1 breakfast, 1 lunch, no dinner included.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans