Kruger Safari Experience - 4 Days
From 2024-02-24 to 2025-11-29
3 breakfasts, 2 lunches & 3 dinners.
3 nights camping in 2-person dome tents.
Escorted by a licensed 2-person crew.
Transportation in a 24-seater overland truck (except for return journey to Pretoria in a shuttle bus) with camping and cooking equipment.
Sleeping mattress (you will need to bring your own sleeping bag).
All road tolls and vehicle taxes.
2-day Kruger National Park excursion with morning and afternoon game drives in open vehicle with resident guide.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1, Pretoria
Pretoria - Hazyview. Departing South Africa's administrative capital of Pretoria aboard our overland truck, we head through the scenic Mpumalanga region and along the iconic Panorama Route. We stop to admire Blyde River Canyon before reaching Kruger National Park. Fences in the area were removed several years ago to create the Greater Kruger ecosystem, one of Africa's best wild places. We'll enjoy dinner around the campfire tonight before we head into the park tomorrow.
Please note: Please arrive in Pretoria at least one night before your tour. There will be a pre-departure meeting at 18:00 on the evening prior to departure and the tour departs at 7am on day 1. Refer to the Joining Instructions for more information. We can book an airport transfer from Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport and Pretoria pre-tour accommodation upon request.
no breakfast, no lunch, 1 dinner included.
Day 2, Kruger National Park
We wake early in order to enter Kruger National Park as soon as the gates open. We'll be enjoying our safari in specialist 4X4 vehicles, for an optimal game viewing experience.
Kruger is home to all of Africa's iconic Big Five: lion, leopard, elephant, black and white rhino and buffalo, as well as a host of other species including giraffes, crocodiles, hippos, cheetah, African wild dog and zebra. There are also more than 500 bird species recorded in the park. We hope to see many of these creatures on our morning and afternoon game drives, escaping the midday sun for lunch back at our campsite.
If you haven't had your safari fill, you can book an optional night game drive. Some species such as leopards and lions become more active after dark, so you have a greater chance to spot them.
1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner included.
Day 3, Kruger National Park
We spend another full day on safari, heading out shortly after sunrise in search of the many species which call Kruger National Park home. With cameras and binoculars at the ready we'll head down bumpy dirt tracks in our 4X4 safari vehicles, keeping our eyes peeled for the Big Five and other species. In the evening you can relax at camp, or enjoy another optional night time game drive.
1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner included.
Day 4, Pretoria
Hazyview - Pretoria. Enjoy a final breakfast at camp today before returning to Pretoria by shuttle bus. Our tour ends on arrival back in Pretoria. Expect to arrive mid-afternoon to early evening, so we recommend booking post-tour accommodation in Pretoria.
1 breakfast, no lunch, no dinner included.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans