Sahara Mini Adventure
From 29/12/2023 to 31/12/2024
Camp under the desert skies of the Sahara and travel by camel to incredible sunset views over the Erg Chebbi dunes.
Travel with an expert local leader and ride in comfort in a private vehicle from the bustle of Marrakech to the serenity of the Sahara.
Visit with the women of the Tawesna Association and a Todra women’s association to learn about the work they’re doing to support local Moroccan women.
Make stops in the ancient ksar of Ait Benhaddou and the lush Todra Valley and get a feel for local life.
Enjoy iconic Moroccan and Amazigh dishes each day and feel the warmth of Moroccan hospitality.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Camp site (1 night),Hotel (1 night).
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Kasbah Ait Benhaddou visit.
Tawesna association visit and lunch.
Todra Gorges visit.
Local Amazigh Brunch in the valley.
Sunset camel ride.
Dinner at camp.
Breakfast at camp.
Sunrise dune walk.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Marrakech Welcome to Marrakech! You'll kick off your Sahara adventure at 8 am at your joining point before setting off in a comfortable, air-conditioned private vehicle along with the rest of your group, your dedicated driver and your certified locally based leader who will share insights and expert tips along your journey. Head out of the city towards Todra Valley in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains. Along the way, stop off at Ait Benhaddou - this World Heritage Site was once an important stop for salt caravans crossing the Sahara. Enjoy a walk through the winding streets of the old town and pay a visit to the Tawesna teahouse on the river, a community-run establishment that provides local women with an income to support themselves and their children. Using ingredients sourced from local cooperatives, the women prepare delicious tea and pastries while sharing their stories with those who pop in to visit. After lunch, carry on to the Todra area where you might want to take a refreshing dip in the hotel pool.
2 - Merzouga After breakfast, join your leader for a walk through the valley farmland towards the Todra Gorges, towering red-hued sandstone canyons up to 400 metres high. Cap off your hike with a brunch picnic in the valley, featuring stuffed bread, mint tea and olive oil prepared by members of a local Amazigh women's association. Onwards to the Sahara! Drive through the changing scenery, from barren mountain sides to fertile valleys to the end of the road at the small Saharan settlement of Merzouga. On the edge of the desert, Merzouga feels wonderfully isolated. Drop your bags at your overnight camp and hop aboard your desert-ready transport: your own camel. Head out on a one-hour ride across the Erg Chebbi sand dunes as the sun sets around you and the surrounding sea of sand morphs through shades of red and orange. The Erg Chebbi dunes are constantly morphing in the Saharan breeze, shapeshifting into picturesque, undulating crests and valleys. Back at camp, your hosts will prepare a hearty Moroccan feast before you'll spend the night in a simple but comfortable tent under the stars.
3 - Merzouga You'll want to rise early this morning and get yourself to the nearest dune for a spectacular sunrise over the Sahara. Once you've greeted the day, fuel up with a traditional breakfast at camp and begin your return journey to Marrakech, where you'll be dropped off and your adventure will come to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans