Kangaroo Island Short Break Adventure
From 11/12/2023 to 30/03/2025
Enjoy a Short Break Adventure, where all the logistics are taken care of for you – giving you plenty of time to soak in the scenery, the abundant wildlife and the fresh air.
Visit diverse natural habitats on Kangaroo Island and see species protected from the threat of introduced predators.
Look out for echidnas, koalas, reptiles, wallabies and the 250 species of birds including Australia’s rarest cockatoo.
Explore Flinders Chase National Park, a protected area on the west end of Kangaroo Island, on foot and visit the iconic Remarkable Rocks.
Walk along the island’s coasts and must-see spots with a local guide, including Cape du Couedic, where a colony of 10,000 fur seals call home – : 1.
Lunches Included: 2.
Hotel (1 night).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 8.
Kangaroo Island - Return scenic coach transfers to Cape Jervis taking in the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula.
Kangaroo Island - Return transport to/from Kangaroo Island by SeaLink Ferry.
Kangaroo Island - Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your local Driver/Guide.
Kangaroo Island - All entrance fees and special permits.
Kangaroo Island - Beach walk to see Australian sea lions at Seal Bay Conservation Park.
Kangaroo Island - wildlife spotting such as koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, and birdlife.
Kangaroo Island - Visit Flinders Chase National Park (with visits to Remarkable Rocks, Admirals Arch, Cape du Couedic Lighthouse).
Kangaroo Island - Exploration of stunning beaches and coastlines of Kangaroo Island.
Kangaroo Island - wildlife spotting such as Long-nosed Fur Seals, koalas and other native wildlife.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Adelaide to Kangaroo Island Welcome to Adelaide! Your Short Break Adventure begins with an early morning pickup from the local bus station. Take a scenic coach ride to Cape Jervis, taking in the picturesque scenery along the way of the Fleurieu Peninsula and its vineyards, coasts and rolling hills. From here, take a ferry to Kangaroo Island, where you'll meet your local guide and visit several island habitats to see the vast wildlife that lives here. Without the threat of introduced species, Kangaroo Island is a haven for Australian wildlife. Listen to the chorus of the vast birdlife high in the eucalyptus trees, many of which are unique to the island, and keep an eye out for echidnas, wallabies, reptiles and an abundance of wildflowers. Arrive at Seal Bay Conservation Park and walk among the sea lions as they bask on the beach and the sand dunes. Don't worry, you'll be standing at a safe distance from these wonderful, endangered creatures. After, visit an exclusive Heritage-listed natural bush property and enjoy a delicious gourmet picnic-style lunch, followed by a walk along the beach. Keep an eye out for koalas, Tammar wallabies and echidnas and listen out for Australia's rarest cockatoo - the Kangaroo Island glossy black cockatoo. Later, watch the kangaroos leave the safety of the bush to begin their evening grazing on the open pastures.
2 - Kangaroo Island to Adelaide This morning, your guide will pick you up from your accommodation. Travel to the island's western side and discover the remarkable Flinders Chase National Park - one of the oldest and most important national parks in South Australia. Making up almost 20 per cent of the land, most of this park is a Wilderness Protection Area and home to various flora and fauna unique to Kangaroo Island. See Admirals Arch, Cape du Couedic Lighthouse, Weir's Cove and Cape du Couedic's colony of 10,000 long-nosed fur seals. Discover the picturesque formations of the Remarkable Rocks - these granite boulders balance dramatically on the cliff's edge, which plunges 75 m into the Southern Ocean. Then, enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch in a secluded location. This afternoon, explore some of the most spectacular beaches on Kangaroo Island and explore the stunning coastlines. Later, return to Penneshaw and catch the ferry back to the mainland, where a coach will take you back to Adelaide - there are multiple stops available, and from here, your trip will come to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans