River Kwai Explorer - 4 Days
From 2023-12-10 to 2024-10-31
3 breakfasts, 3 lunches & 2 dinners.
3 nights accommodation; inclusive of 1 night in 4 star hotel, 1 night in safari-styled tent and 1 night in floating hotel.
Airport arrival transfer on day 1.
Escorted by an English-speaking Thai tour guide.
All transportation and transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles.
Guided sightseeing - Kanchanaburi.
Entrance fees for all included sites.
All applicable taxes and service charges.
Note: Touring is operated in conjunction with other tourist groups, not solely On The Go.
Guiding may be in an additional language to English.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1, Bangkok
Welcome to Bangkok, the bustling capital city of Thailand! A world-renowned tourist destination, this vibrant city offers an eclectic mix of lively street life, cultural landmarks, and busy shopping areas.
Arriving at Suvarnabhumi or Donmuang Airport, transfer to your hotel for check in. Time permitting, spend the day at leisure exploring Bangkok. While you're here, why not try some tasty street food or take a thrilling tuk tuk ride?
No meals included.
Day 2, Bangkok
Bangkok - Hintok River Camp. Today begins with a historical exploration tour to the Kanchanaburi province, where we will learn about the region's wartime history.
Our first destination is the Thailand-Burma Railway Centre, an interactive museum that commemorates the infamous 'death railway.' Continuing our journey, we pay our respects at the Allied War Cemetery, a solemn resting place for over 6,000 prisoners who sacrificed their lives during the railway's construction.
The next stop is the world-famous Bridge on the River Kwai. After lunch, we visit the chilling Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum. Exhibits and audio displays within the museum pay homage to the workers and their sacrifices.
Then, we walk along Hellfire Pass itself, a challenging section of rock cutting that stands as a symbol of peace amidst the jungle. As the day winds down, enjoy the afternoon at leisure.
Overnight at Hintok River Camp, in Safari-style tents.
1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner included.
Day 3, Kanchanaburi
Hintok River Camp - River Kwai Jungle Rafts. This morning, we enjoy a long-tail boat ride to the River Kwai Jungle Rafts, where we will spend the night in unique floating hotel rooms. After checking in, we visit an ethnic Mon Tribal village where we can immerse ourselves in their culture and traditions.
The afternoon is at leisure to relax and explore. At night, enjoy dinner at the hotel, followed by a 45-minute traditional and colourful Mon dance display.
1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner included.
Day 4, Kanchanaburi
River Kwai Jungle Rafts - Bangkok. After a morning at leisure, we will take another long-tail boat ride down the River Kwai.
After lunch at a local restaurant, we will take a journey on the infamous 'death railway,' - the actual train link built by the Allied prisoners during World War II. The train ride along this historic route gives us a unique perspective on the challenges faced by those who built it.
As the day draws to a close, we bid farewell to the River Kwai and make our way back to Bangkok arriving around 7pm depending on the busy Bangkok traffic. We reccommend booking a post night accommodation.
1 breakfast, 1 lunch, no dinner included.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans