Best of Sydney & Blue Mountains
From 16/05/2024 to 21/03/2026
See all the sites of Sydney – a bustling central city along Australia’s East Coast – like the Opera House, Hyde Park and the Harbour Bridge.
Take a tour around the Harbour with a First Nations guide for a unique insight into the land’s history, culture and connection to the Dreaming.
Take a day trip to the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains and walk through the gorgeous scenery of Katoomba Falls, Echo Lookout Point and the Three Sisters.
Take the scenic ferry from Sydney Harbour to Manly to check out Manly Beach, Shelly Beach, Manly Wharf, Circular Quay and enjoy the laidback lifestyle of this beachside area.
Enjoy a short getaway over a couple of days, making the most of your three days in Sydney, or choose to add this trip onto another one as you explore Australia’s highlights.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Greening Australia.
Donations help them tackle Australia’s complex environmental challenges, restoring landscapes at scale – in ways that work for communities, economies and nature.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Sydney - The Rocks Aboriginal Dreaming Tour.
Wentworth Falls - Wentworth Falls Lookout.
Katoomba - Scenic Skyway.
Katoomba - Scenic Walkway.
Katoomba - Three Sisters Walk.
Katoomba - Echo Point Lookout.
Katoomba - Scenic Cableway.
Katoomba - Scenic Railway.
Sydney – Harbour to Manly return ferry.
Sydney – Exploration of Manly Beach.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Sydney Welcome to Sydney, Australia - or Warrane, in the language of the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation, who are the traditional owners of the land on which Sydney is now located. Your adventure starts today with a welcome meeting at your hotel at 1 pm. After, you'll head out with your local leader and fellow travellers for a walkabout tour with an Aboriginal guide in and around The Rocks. Walk through Hicksons Reserve, Campbells Cove, Cumberland Walk and more as your guide teaches you about this area's history, land and water use and spiritual connection with the First Nations peoples. After your journey into the Dreaming, head out on a leader-led orientation walk to Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, the Botanical Gardens, Hyde Park and the Sydney Tower Eye. Join your group for an included welcome dinner along Darling Harbour and then settle into your hotel for the night.
2 - Blue Mountains - Sydney This morning, head out on a day trip to the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains - a land of rugged peaks, soaring waterfalls and dense eucalyptus forest. Stop at Wentworth Falls for grand valley views at Fletchers Lookout. Head to Katoomba and visit Echo Point Lookout, which overlooks the iconic Three Sisters. Walk the Three Sisters track, which takes you up close to the sisters and enjoy the expansive views of the national park below. You might like to stop for lunch at the famous Lookout Restaurant and enjoy the views overlooking Echo Point Escarpment as you eat. Or maybe head into Katoomba town to check out the bohemian shops and find a small caf? to set up for lunch. This afternoon, you'll head to Scenic World - a private, family-owned tourism spot boasting sweeping views of the mountains. Hop aboard the steepest railway in the world and ride into Jamison Valley, where you can explore the many boardwalks through the rainforest, looking out for lyrebirds and ancient tree ferns. Ride the cableway, which cruises past the sandstone escarpment and Orphan Rock. See Katoomba Falls and the Three Sisters again, but from above, on the fantastic Scenic Skyway, which soars through the mountains. Tonight, return to your accommodation in Darling Harbour.
3 - Sydney This morning after breakfast, you'll hop on the public ferry from Sydney Harbour to Manly. Departing regularly from Circular Quay, the ferry cruises past the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House before passing Kirribilli House (the Prime Minister's official residence), Bradleys Head and South Head before arriving at Manly Wharf. From here, you'll walk to Manly Beach where you can enjoy the cafes and laidback beach lifestyle or join your leader for a coastal walk to the nearby Shelly Beach. This afternoon, take the ferry back to Circular Quay and take a short walk back to your accommodation. Your trip will now end, and you're free to leave any time after checkout. If you'd like to stay in Sydney longer, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans