Food and Wine in A French Chateau, Twin Room Share
From 28/03/2024 to 30/09/2024
This foodie adventure takes you into the vineyards of the Beaujolais Wine Region, where your accommodation - our exclusive 16th Century Chateau - awaits.
Across 4 days you'll get stuck into all of the flavors of France, including wine & cheese pairings; a day trip to Lyon for an immersive cooking class in a local's home; winery hopping to try some of the world's finest drops and enough local food to make you mutter 'ooh la la' between every mouthful.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 Villefranche-sur-Saone to Beaujolais Wine Region Bonjour, welcome to your foodie adventure! Today kicks off with a complimentary transfer from Villefranche-sur-Saone Station to our 16th Century Chateau. Rub your eyes, blink: yep, that's our accommodation for the night, complete with a bar, swimming pool and dreamy views of the surrounding vineyards. Once we've checked in and chilled out we'll be feeling like royalty, and that's before we enjoy some local wine paired with cheese. Then our team of live-in chefs will prepare an authentic French Dinner. We'll tuck in while enjoying magnificent views of the Beaujolais countryside. What a day, and we're just getting started...
Day 2 Beaujolais Wine Region Rise and shine! After a hearty homemade breakfast and some on-the-lawn yoga (consider the cobwebs cleared) we'll visit one of the local wineries that this region is famous for. We'll learn about the world-famous Beaujolais Nouveau, meet a local winemaker and of course, sampling some of their finest drops - paired with an included lunch. Stuffed with a new knowledge of wine and food, we'll head back to the ch?teau for a well deserved chilled night (and an included dinner too). Here you're free to chill out as you like... swimming, walking, or just kicking back on the terrace, the choice is yours!
Day 3 Lyon After a spot of breakfast, we'll bid au revoir to our Chateau for the day... and head into Lyon for a change of pace. Here in Lyon, we'll start by appreciating all things FOOD. On a foodie walking tour, we'll sample the city's prettiest and tastiest food spots, with a local guide to impart all their knowledge and wisdom. We'll also uncover 'Hidden Lyon' through secret passageways, known locally as Traboules. Then, it's time to head to the local village, for a 3 course farewell dinner of traditional French fine dining. This is the good life. Once we've had time to digest our dinner, we'll get to explore this cute village before heading back to the ch?teau for a glass of wine at the bar. Oh France, do we really have to leave you?
Day 4 Beaujolais Wine Region It's our final morning (sob), but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy one last breakfast together. You can take a complimentary transfer this morning back to Villefranche-sur-Saone, or make your own arrangements. The trip is over, but all of those delicious memories will put smiles on our faces for years to come. Dining Summary
3 - Dinner
3 - Breakfast
2 - Lunch Host : Today in Lyon, we'll be joined by a Lyonnaise local who's passionate about their city... and its recipes. That's right, today is the perfect tourism & food combo - we'll walk the streets, sample local dishes and discover Lyon's best food spots. You'll be feeling like a local in no time. Included Experience : Beaujolais Wine Region: Spend today sampling the region's best wines, and learning all about what makes them so special. We'll visit a French winery for a tour of the grounds, the chance to learn all about the wine making process and of course, the chance to sample some for ourselves. Includes lunch and free time to explore with your Contiki crew. Beaujolais: Enjoy a French-style picnic while admiring the gorgeous Beaujolais countryside. Lyon: Foodies, history buffs, anyone with a taste for culture, today is a true feast for you! Joined by a Lyonnaise expert, we'll explore Lyon on foot, checking out local restaurants, patisseries, food merchants. Segueing from the old town to the architecture and back again, we'll gobble up cheese boards, praline brioche, limoncello, local wines and so much more. Lyon: Enjoy a locally guided walking tour through Lyon, learning about it's history - especially it's title as the Gastronomic Capital of France - secret tunnels and what life is like for locals in Lyon! : Beaujolais: Make Travel Matter(R) Beaujolais: Meet your host and get to know your group over some locally sourced wine and cheese in our Chateau Gardens (MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Experience). Whats Included : This foodie adventure takes you into the vineyards of the Beaujolais Wine Region, where your accommodation - our exclusive 16th Century Chateau - awaits. Across 4 days you'll get stuck into all of the flavors of France, including wine & cheese pairings; a day trip to Lyon for an immersive cooking class in a local's home; winery hopping to try some of the world's finest drops and enough local food to make you mutter 'ooh la la' between every mouthful.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans