Best of Perth, Margaret River & Rottnest Island
From 11/04/2024 to 02/03/2026
Start your trip in Perth (Boorloo in the language of the Whadjuk Nyoongar people) – the capital of Western Australia and home to sandy beaches, rivers, mountains and a buzzing city.
Explore the beachy Margaret River region with chocolate, cheese and gin tastings – maybe even taste some nougat on your visit to a local winery that produces the chewy treat.
Swim in the sunshine at Meelup Beach and then visit Sugarloaf Rock – the distinctive granite rock peak jutting from the ocean within scenic Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park.
Take a fascinating tour of the limestone Ngilgi Cave, which includes a bushwalk, a didgeridoo performance and some local history from the Wadani First Nations people.
Take a day trip to Rottnest Island – a little slice of paradise off the coast, home to The World’s Friendliest Animals, the quokkas! Maybe go snorkelling, swim, or kick back on the white sands in your free time.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Greening Australia.
Donations help them tackle Australia’s complex environmental challenges, restoring landscapes at scale – in ways that work for communities, economies and nature.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (4 nights).
Private Vehicle,Ferry,Shuttle Bus.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park - Sugarloaf Rock.
Dunsborough - Meelup Beach.
Margaret River - Wine Tasting.
Margaret River - Chocolate Tasting.
Margaret River - Cheese Tasting.
Yallingup - Noongar First Nations Experience.
Yallingup - Ngilgi Cave Visit & Didgeridoo Performance.
Rottnest Island - Full-day exploration of Rottnest Island.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Perth Welcome to Perth! Or Boorloo in the language of the local Whadjuk Nyoongar people, who are the Traditional Owners of the land on which Perth is now located. Your adventure starts on the west coast of the Australian mainland with a welcome meeting at 6 pm tonight. After, get to know you new fellow travellers and your leader (and get excited about the journey ahead) during an included dinner at a restaurant serving modern Australian cuisine with local ingredients.
2 - Busselton This morning, you'll drive to Margaret River, with a few stops along the way. First, you'll have the chance to grab some lunch in Busselton - home to the longest timber-piled jetty in the Southern Hemisphere at 1.841 km. Take the chance to stretch your legs and explore the lovely foreshore. Continue the scenic coastal drive, stopping at Meelup Beach, Cape Naturaliste and Sugarloaf Rock. Have your swimsuit ready at Meelup Beach - this is a gorgeous spot for a quick dip. Take in the white sand, clear turquoise water and relax in the shady, grassy areas before making your way to Cape Naturaliste and Sugarloaf Rock - a huge granite rock that juts out from the Indian Ocean near the mainland in Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park. Here, you'll walk to the lookout point and have time for photos. Tonight, stay in your Margaret River accommodation - maybe take a stroll down the main street before dinner.
3 - Margaret River This morning after breakfast, maybe walk around the main street of Margaret River and explore the shops. Or just enjoy a relaxing morning before heading out for the day and discovering the region. Your first stop is an optional nougat tasting at a local winery and nougat producer. View the production line and taste some freshly made nougat with your morning coffee at their caf? (or treat yourself to an early wine?). Then, sit down for an included lunch at a local brewery, cidery and winery that features a beautiful outdoor area and a great bar and restaurant, perfect for lounging the afternoon away. Next, head to a chocolate tasting at a local company and then cap it all off with a gin tasting. Tonight, keep the fun going at a local pub with an optional group dinner or just relax at your accommodation.
4 - Yallingup This morning, drive to Yallingup - a gorgeous hub of beaches and limestone caves. When you arrive, journey into Ngilgi Cave for a fascinating 2.5-hour tour. Take a bushwalk with a local Aboriginal guide and learn how to identify traditional plants, foods and medicines and how they are linked to the six Nyoongar seasons, then discover the art of creating fire by rubbing sticks together. Then head into the cave and witness a captivating didgeridoo performance, amplified by the superb acoustics. Learn about the tools and cultural artefacts used by the Wadandi people in their everyday life and listen to stories about their life, history and culture. After, you'll head to Fremantle, but not without a stop at a local cheesery to try some of their produce. When you arrive in Fremantle, embark on a leader-led orientation walk to get your bearings. The rest of your afternoon is free to explore the city or head to a restaurant and people-watch.
5 - Rottnest Island This morning, you'll enjoy brekkie in Fremantle and take the scenic boat ride to Rottnest Island - a little white-sand paradise off the coast. Maybe grab a coffee, then, as is customary here, try to grab a quick quokka selfie - these little marsupials have earned the title of 'world's friendliest animals' and are usually happy around people! Your leader will guide you across the island on a hop on hop off vehicle that's always rotating around the island. You have most of the day free here to enjoy the many swimming bays, beaches and snorkelling spots around the island. Take the afternoon ferry back to Fremantle later today. This is where your trip comes to an end, at around 5:30 pm. If you'd like to stay longer, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans