Uluru & Kings Canyon Family Adventure
From 04/04/2024 to 03/10/2025
The family will be amazed by the ever-changing colours of Uluru, Australia’s most spiritually significant site, as you view the epic sandstone monolith at both sunrise and sunset.
Travel to the edge of Watarrka National Park to meet with local First Nations guides and learn about the food, art, medicine and languages of the Luritja peoples.
Embark on the Walpa Gorge Walk, taking in unforgettable views of Kata Tjuta, a towering collection of 36 domed rock formations.
Venture to Kings Canyon, home to some of the country’s most magnificent scenery, where you’ll set off on a walk past soaring cliffs, sandstone domes and tranquil gardens.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Private semi-permanent campsite (with shared facilities) (3 nights).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Uluru - Uluru Sunset.
Watarrka National Park - Karrke Aboriginal Cultural Experience (except Nov-Jan).
Watarrka National Park - Kings Creek walk.
Uluru - Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park pass.
Uluru - Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre.
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park - Walpa Gorge Walk.
Uluru - Kuniya Walk to Mutitjulu Waterhole with Anangu guide.
Uluru - Uluru Sunrise.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Alice Springs Rise and shine! Your adventure begins in Alice Springs (Mparntwe in the language of the traditional owners of the land on which Alice Springs is now located). You will have a group meeting in the foyer of the hotel at 9:00am where you will meet your leader and fellow families. Afterwhich we will head off for the 500km drive from Alice Springs to Kings Canyon. Sit back, relax, and watch the desert scenery roll by your window as you listen to some tunes. There will be stops alon the way to stretch your legs, pick up lunch (own expense) and take in the vast scenery. On arrival at Kings Canyon late in the afternoon, you'll have time to settle into camp before enjoying an included dinner.
2 - Kings Canyon It'll be another early start with breakfast from 6:30am - 7:30am before heading out to soak in the remarkable scenery of Kings Canyon (Watarrka) during a walk along Kings Creek (approximately 1 hour). With soaring cliffs on both sides and ethereal rock formations, the sights here are sure to amaze the whole family. After your walk, travel to the edge of Watarrka National Park to learn more about the First Nations culture of the region. Meet with local guides who will provide insight into the food, art, medicine and languages of the Luritja and Pertame (Southern Arrernte) people, leaving your family with a greater understanding of culture and Country. In the afternoon drive to Yulara, then make your way to Australia's most spiritually significant and iconic site, Uluru. From a prime viewing location, enjoy the view as the sun sets over the epic sandstone monolith - watching the incredible landscape shift in colour is a sight you won't soon forget!
3 - Kata Tjuta This morning, head out to Kata Tjuta (also known as 'The Olgas'), a towering collection of 36 domed rock formations - these rust-coloured beauties are truly one of Australia's most impressive sights! The best way to explore the otherworldly landscape is on foot, so set off on the Walpa Gorge Walk. Sandstone cliffs rise high above as you continue through the gorge, shrouded by shadows and full of First Nations history. Kata Tjuta is a highly culturally sensitive area. To avoid revealing any sacred places, Anangu ask that you keep both sides of the gorge in frame when you film, paint, draw or photograph Walpa Gorge. By respecting these wishes, you will be contributing to the protection and continuation of some of the world's oldest spiritual and cultural beliefs. Return to Uluru and join a local Anangu guide for a walk to the beautiful Mutitjulu Waterhole at the base of rock. Your guide will explain what makes this waterhole sacred while sharing stories of the incredible landscape and its connection to the Anangu people. This evening you'll have the option to visit the Field of Light, an enormous art installation that illuminates the landscape with 50,000 stems of light.
4 - Uluru Start the day early in one of the best ways imaginable - watching a spectacular sunrise over Uluru and and one last walk to learn more about the Mala people and their significance. Then, make our way back to Yulara to drop off anyone leaving us here, before departing for Alice Springs. You will arrive back in Alice Springs this evening at which time your Outback adventure will come to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans