Best of Hobart & Southern Tasmania
From 19/07/2024 to 23/03/2026
See the highlights of the picturesque Tasman Peninsula, including the rock formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen, the Tessellated Pavement and the tragically historic Port Arthur.
Join a bush tucker experience at piyura kitina (Risdon Cove) and learn about the culturally rich landscape with a palawa (Tasmanian Aboriginal) guide.
Explore local life in historic Hobart as you browse through Salamanca Market and the local Farmers’ Market and chat directly with the local producers about their locally sourced goods.
Discover the rugged beauty and delicious flavours of Bruny Island as you sample local delicacies and explore the national parkland where towering cliffs fall away into the crashing sea.
Visit a fourth-generation family-run orchard to learn about the history of apple farming in Tasmania and try some deliciously fresh and locally produced cider.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Greening Australia.
Donations help them tackle Australia’s complex environmental challenges, restoring landscapes at scale – in ways that work for communities, economies and nature.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Port Arthur - Historic Site Visit & Harbour Cruise.
Tasman Peninsula - Remarkable Cave.
Tasman Peninsula - Tasman Arch.
Tasman Peninsula - Devils Kitchen.
Hobart - Salamanca Markets.
piyura kitina / Risdon Cove - Palawa kipli bush tucker tour.
Hobart - kunanyi / Mount Wellington scenic drive.
Hartz Mountains National Park - Short walks.
Huon Valley - Honey & cider farm visits.
Bruny Island - Full day tour.
Bruny Island - South Bruny National Park.
Bruny Island - Local produce, beer or wine tasting.
Bruny Island - Truganini Lookout.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Hobart Welcome to Tasmania! Your adventure begins in Hobart (or nipaluna in the language of the muwinina and palawa peoples, the Traditional Owners of the land on which Hobart is now located). You'll have a welcome meeting at 11 am this morning, then you'll head to Port Arthur (approx 1.5 hours) to visit this Historic Site - a former convict settlement with a horrific past where you'll learn about the history of this former penal colony with an audio experience and a short boat cruise. After, drop into a local distillery for an optional tasting before checking out Remarkable Cave and getting a glimpse of the stunning beach scenery. Head to your waterside accommodation at Eaglehawk Neck on the Tasman Peninsula then join your group for a delicious, included dinner tonight and get to know each other a little better.
2 - Tasman Peninsula This morning after breakfast, drive down the beautiful Tasman Peninsula, passing through the narrow sliver of Eaglehawk Neck. Stop at Tasman Arch, Devil's Kitchen and the Tessellated Pavement to view the unusual rock formations. Head back to Hobart, where the vibrant Salamanca Markets await, ready to tempt you with local delights. Find everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts here - it's a must-do for any Hobart visit. After lunch head to piyura kitina (Risdon Cove). Here, you'll join a bush tucker experience and learn all about the culturally rich landscape with a palawa (Tasmanian Aboriginal) guide. Taste some bush tucker, listen to cultural stories and walk the landscape. Tonight, you're free to relax at your accommodation or maybe head out with your group for dinner at one of the popular restaurants.
3 - Hartz Mountains National Park Today, you'll drive to the top of kunanyi / Mount Wellington to take in some magnificent views over the city and its surrounding mountains, forests and waterways. Then, drive into the Hartz Mountains wilderness, where you'll explore the remote and rugged place shaped by ancient glaciers on a few short walks. Next, head to Geeveston - a small township known for its forestry heritage, then continue up the Huon Valley and visit a honey farm and a cidery, where you'll learn about the history of local apple farming in the valley, maybe with a few cider samples from the fourth-generation orchard (optional). Return to Hobart for your final night together.
4 - Bruny Island This morning you'll hop on the ferry over to Bruny Island - one of the most gorgeous spots in Tassie! Climb 279 steps to Truganini Lookout at The Neck for sweeping views, Indigenous history and wildlife spotting. Explore South Bruny National Park, where the Cape Bruny Lighthouse perches high above the wild waves of the Southern Ocean. Stop in at a few local shops for tastings of locally sourced products such as oysters, honey, cheese and beer. Then, stop at a local producer where you'll taste pairings of local beer or wine and then head back to Hobart where your trip will come to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans