Kakadu, Katherine & Litchfield Explorer
From 03/04/2024 to 28/03/2026
Explore some of Litchfield National Park’s magical waterfalls, including Wangi Falls and Florence Falls, and swim in their refreshing natural plunge pools.
Gain insight into the First Nations customs and traditions of the Northern Coast Wetland region on a Culture Ecological Experience.
Tour through time and see incredible examples of First Nations rock art on short walks in Ubirr and Burrungkuy (Nourlangie).
Choose to go on an optional Indigenous-owned cruise through the Yellow Water Billabong within Kakadu National Pak.
Admire the sculpted sandstone of Nitmiluk (Katherine) Gorge on either a guided walk or on a cruise along the Katherine River.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 2.
Semi-permanent tents with shared facilities (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Lambells Lagoon - Pudakul Aboriginal Ecological Experience.
Litchfield National Park - Magnetic Termite Mounds.
Litchfield National Park - Florence Falls.
Litchfield National Park - Wangi Falls Loop Walk & Swim.
Kakadu National Park - Nourlangie Rock Art Site Walk.
Kakadu National Park - Ubirr Rock Art Site Walk.
Kakadu National Park - Cahills Crossing.
Nitmiluk National Park - Leliyn (Edith Falls) Upper Circuit Walk & Swim.
Katherine - Hot Springs.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Darwin Welcome to the Northern Territory! Your adventure begins in Darwin (Gulumerrdgen in the language of the local Larrakia people, who are the traditional owners of the land on which Darwin is now located). You'll meet your group early, and then set off south to Litchfield National Park. Overflowing with picture-perfect waterfalls, your first stop is to Wangi Falls. Here, there's a chance for a serene swim or take a short loop walk with your leader. Next, it's on to Florence Falls, where you can explore the nearby plunge pools and stop for a picnic lunch. Then, you'll swap bubbling creeks for iconic earthly towers at Litchfield's famous Magnetic Termite Mounds. After leaving the park, a First Nations owned and operated Cultural Ecological Experience will provide you with an understanding of the customs and traditions of the Aboriginal people of the Northern Coast Wetland region. You'll then head to Mary River and your accommodation for the night.
2 - Kakadu National Park Rising bright and early this morning, you'll drive to the natural wonders of Kakadu National Park. Covering an enormous 20,000 sq km, the park is filled with biodiversity and significant First Nations sites. First, you'll set off on the Ubirr walk with your leader. The 1 km loop takes you past incredible examples of First Nations rock art and up to an awe-inspiring lookout point. Stop for a picnic lunch at Cahills Crossing for some rest and respite (just keep an eye out for crocs), then drive to Burrungkuy (Nourlangie), famous for its World Heritage-listed rock art created by the Bininj people. Take a short walk here for a good overview of the wildlife, art and natural features of the area. Later, head to your campsite for the night and spend the evening getting to know your fellow travellers over a few card games.
3 - Kakadu National Park This morning, enjoy some free time to choose to glide through the wetlands and tributaries of the Yellow Water Billabong on an Indigenous-owned cruise. The river system sits entirely within the national park, and is home to rich wildlife, dramatic scenery and an ever-changing landscape. Then say goodbye to Kakadu and drive to the historic gold mining town Pine Creek, before continuing to Leliyn (Edith Falls). After a (late) lunch, you can hike along the upper pools or go for a refreshing swim. Later, a final drive will take you to your campground in Katherine where you can soak up a striking sunset.
4 - Nitmiluk National Park Your final day in the Top End begins with a visit to the truly impressive Nitmiluk (Katherine) Gorge. Here, you're again free to choose your own adventure. Maybe take a cruise down the river to marvel at the dramatic scenery, as local guides provide the historical and cultural context of the region's flora and fauna. Alternatively, you could head out on foot with your leader and explore Nitmiluk up close. Then head back to Katherine for lunch and a refreshing dip in the natural hot springs, before a drive north takes you back to Darwin, where your adventure ends. If you'd like to extend your stay in Darwin, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans