Ice Cave & Glacier Hike - 1 Day
From 2023-12-10 to 2024-12-31
Pick-up & drop off in Reykjavik.
Transportation in a 4x4 Super Jeep.
English speaking licensed adventure guide.
Visit to natural ice cave & Kotlujokull glacier hike.
Visit to Seljalandsfoss waterfall (all departures) and Skogafoss waterfall (1 Feb - 15 Nov departures only).
Crampons for walking on ice.
All required safety equipment.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1, Reykjavik
After being picked up at 09:00 from Reykjavik in a 4X4 Super Jeep, our tour begins with a stunning drive down to the village of Vik, where we prepare for our glacier experience.
Moving towards our destination you are treated to incredible views of the surrounding glaciers and mountains. Donning our helmets and crampons, we walk to the base of Kotlujokull glacier, which is a glacier tongue protruding from the larger Myrdalsjokull glacier. We continue to to the ice cave. Here we witness the beautiful layers of different coloured ice as the guide tells you all about the glacier, ice cave, and surrounding area. We spend around 2 hours exploring the area before hiking around the glacier in search of any other accessible caves. Then we begin our journey back to Reykjavik.
On this drive there will be the opportunity to stop at both Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Hike up the right side of Skogafoss to look at the trolls face that stares at the waterfall for all eternity and then walk behind Seljalandsfoss to marvel at the panoramic view of the stunning Icelandic countryside. We arrive back in Reykjavik at approximately 20:00.
Please note: Due to a shortage of daylight, this tour will not have time to visit Skogafoss during the winter. If booking this tour between 16 November - 31 January, you will only visit Seljalandsfoss. Information regarding your pick-up location in Reykjavik will be visible on your booking documentation.
No meals included.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans