Masai Mara Walk
From 19/05/2022 to 01/01/2024
Stay in a tented lodge on the edge of the Masai Mara Game Reserve.
Take game drives through the Masai Mara to search out the Big Five.
Travel across the Great Rift Valley.
Meet Kenya's Maasai people tending their herds on a guided walk.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 2.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Masai Mara Walk.
Masai Mara Full Day Game Drive.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Nairobi / Masai Mara National Reserve Jambo! Welcome to Kenya. You are required to be at the reception of the Kenya Comfort Hotel Suites by 7:30am for a brief pre-departure meeting. Your Driver Guide will leave a note at reception telling you where this important meeting will take place. Please ask a member of reception for this information.Travel west, crossing the floor of the Great Rift Valley and traversing the escarpment before reaching the town of Narok in the land of the Masai. As we near this area we are likely to see many colourfully dressed Masai tribes people tending to their herds of cattle. You'll have the opportunity to grab some lunch in Narok. Then head to your lodge, which is located across the river from the Masai Mara Park (250 km, approx 6 hours). Take a guided 2 hour walk around the area visiting a Maasai homestead along the way. Wild animals are sometimes sighted on this walk. Our accommodation is a simple tented camp located just 15minutes away from the Masai Mara Game Reserve. Sentrim Mara Camp offers tented accommodation, with beds and linen, simple furnishings, and en-suite bathrooms. There is also a pool, bar, fireplace and restaurant.
Day 2 - Masai Mara National Reserve After an early breakfast, and armed with packed lunch, we drive to the Mara ( approx. 15mins ). A huge area of woodlands and open plains backed by the striking Esoit Oloololo Escarpment, the Masai Mara is home to all of the Big Five. Keep an eye out for prides of lions, herds of elephants and, if you are lucky, a stealthy cheetah or leopard. During the migration (Mid July to the end of September ) this area can be flooded by over a million wildebeest on their annual migration. Explore this diverse environment and view a multitude of wildlife. Spend an entire day on a wildlife spotting quest in the reserve.
Day 3 - Day 3 Masai Mara National Reserve/Nairobi Leave the magnificent Mara area behind and drive back to Nairobi (250 km, approx 6 hours) where the safari ends on arrival - usually around 3pm. If you require post-trip accommodation in Nairobi, please enquire at the time of booking. If you're staying on, why not head out to explore the National Museum of Kenya, the Karen Blixen Museum (author of Out of Africa), or Bomas of Kenya where traditional homesteads of several Kenyan tribes are displayed in an outdoor village.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans