Chiang Mai Adventure
From 01/06/2021 to 01/01/2023
Get the heart pumping on an active adventure tour from Chiang Mai.
Climb to the summit of Doi Suthep temple and enjoy the hypnotic atmosphere of chanting Buddhist monks and sweeping views of the city.
Uncover Thailand’s rural charm as you hike and bike thought scenic hilltribe areas.
Cycle off the main streets and into the heart and soul of Chaing Mai with a backstreets, Ping River countryside bike tour.
Discover the ancient lost capital of the Lanna Kingdom and the incredible remains of Wiang Kum Kam.
Ride a raft over the rugged white water rapids of the Mae Taeng River.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 1.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Chiang Mai - Guided bike ride.
Chiang Mai - Doi Suthep Temple visit.
Chiang Mai - White water rafting.
Complimentary Airport Departure Transfer.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Chiang Mai Sa-wat dee! Welcome to Thailand. The most vibrant city in northern Thailand, Chiang Mai has many famous temples and an interesting old city area. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting today at 7pm. If you arrive early, take a hotel business card with you and head out to explore charming Chiang Mai or just laze by the pool. The friendliness of the people, the vibrant Night Bazaar, the interesting old town bound by moats, and the many fascinating temples enthral travellers from around the world. After your welcome meeting you will have free time tonight to do as you wish. Make sure to sample some delicious traditional northern Thai food tonight. The signature dish is kao soy, yellow wheat noodles in a curry broth, traditionally served with chicken or beef. Your guide can give you recommendations on where to go for dinner..
Day 2 - Doi Suthep Temple/Cycling After breakfast, head off to explore the famous temple complex of Doi Suthep. Pick up time is between 8.30-9am. A short drive (approximately 45 minutes) along a scenic and winding mountain road brings you to an impressive 300-step Naga-guarded stairway. The rewards justify the ascent to the top, with one of the most beautiful temples in Thailand on display, not to mention the fantastic panoramic views of the city! You’ll then return to your hotel at around 11am for a short break. At about 1.30pm, after a safety briefing and bicycle fitting, saddle up for a cycling adventure into the streets of Chiang Mai and beyond. Journey south through pleasant green fields, following the Ping River downstream. Make a stop at a former leper colony turned rehabilitation centre, where you’ll get to know some of the daily life of the missionaries who worked here over a hundred years ago. The trip continues along various fruit orchards, and cycling down small country roads, meandering around the villages on the outskirts of Chiang Mai, where you’ll encounter the Thai way of life and the real rural Thailand. Explore the temple ruins of Wiang Kum Kam, the former capital of Lanna, before you cycle back to Chiang Mai. Perhaps reward yourself with an authentic Thai massage tonight. Notes: The cycling distance is around 25-30km along flat ground, with 1.5km along unsealed road. The cycling time will be approximately 4.5 hours with frequent stops. Helmets and comfort bicycles (adapted mountain bike), with 24 gears and front suspension, are provided.
Day 3 - Hiking and Rafting Get set for an action packed day exploring the hill tribe areas north of the city. After breakfast, around 8am, drive north to the Mae Tang area where your adventure begins. Get on two wheels again to mountain bike through scenic landscapes along local roads (approximately 8 kilometres) to the starting point of a trek to a waterfall (approximately 1.5-2 hours). Make your way through the forest scenery on a hike to Huay Sathan Waterfall, where you can relax, enjoy the beautiful scenery, and dip into the cooling waters. After completing the trekking loop, drive up to the river camp. In the afternoon, prepare for a thrilling whitewater rafting session. Get outfitted with helmets and life jackets, and take a safety brief to get acquainted with the paddling commands, the correct way to sit in the raft, and the necessary precautions on river safety. Then, the rapid Mae Taeng River and its 14 gorges along a 10 kilometre stretch await. The difficulty level on the Mae Taeng River ranges from grade 3 to 5. It has been praised by travellers as some of the best whitewater rafting in Asia. This awesome rafting trip takes approximately 2 hours and finishes at the downstream camp, where you can rest and change into dry clothes. Enjoy some hot and cold drinks or fresh fruits before returning to your Chiang Mai accommodation. On your last night, soak up the atmosphere of the vibrant night markets.
Day 4 - Chiang Mai There are no activities planned for today and you are free to depart at any time. Check out time from the hotel is at 12 noon. If you are departing later, you can arrange luggage storage at the hotel. A departure airport transfer is included to Chiang Mai airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans