Chiang Mai Temples, Bikes & Whitewater Rafting
From 22/02/2024 to 29/12/2024
Climb to the summit of Doi Suthep temple and enjoy the hypnotic atmosphere of chanting Buddhist monks and sweeping views of the city.
Uncover Thailand’s rural charm as you hike and bike through scenic hilltribe areas, rice paddies and lush jungle landscapes.
Cycle off the main streets and into the heart and soul of Chaing Mai with a back street, countryside bike tour.
Discover the ancient lost capital of the Lanna Kingdom and the incredible remains of Wiang Kum Kam.
Go whitewater rafting over the rugged rapids of the Mae Taeng River – said to be some of the best rafting in all of Asia.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, EcoThailand Foundation.
Donations help educate school children on important environmental issues like climate change, nature appreciation, conservation and sustainability.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 1.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Wat Umong and Royal Flora Park on the backroad.
Chiang Mai - Doi Suthep Temple visit.
Chiang Mai - White water rafting.
Hiking to the waterfall.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Chiang Mai Sa-wat dee! Welcome to Thailand. The most vibrant city in northern Thailand, Chiang Mai has many famous temples and an attractive old city area. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting tonight at 7 pm. If you arrive early, maybe head out to explore the charming city streets or just laze by the pool. After your meeting, maybe head to the vibrant Night Bazaar or ask your leader where the best place is to tuck into the signature dish of kao soy (yellow wheat noodles in a curry broth, traditionally served with chicken or beef).
2 - Chiang Mai After breakfast, head off to explore the famous temple complex of Doi Suthep. You'll take a short drive along a scenic and winding mountain road to the impressive 300-step Naga-guarded stairway. The rewards more than justify the ascent to the top, with views of one of the most beautiful temples in Thailand and the city below. You'll then return to your hotel to rest and recharge. Head out again this afternoon and saddle up for a cycling adventure into the streets of Chiang Mai and beyond. Explore the local life, riding through the busy roads to the west. Visit Wat Suan Dok Temple, surrounded by King Mengrai's blossoming garden. See the Lanna Dynasty Relics kept here, then continue to Wat Umong Temple. Cycle along local roads next to fields of rice paddies, past old and new communities. Enjoy the opportunity to connect with the authentic lifestyle of the Chiang Mai people and even visit a local art gallery along the way. Visit Royal Park Ratchapruek and wander around the landscaped grounds and chapel before heading to the hidden route at the Doi Suthep foothills. Tonight, why not reward your efforts with a traditional Thai massage.
3 - Chiang Mai Get set for an awesome day of exploring the hilltribe areas north of the city. After breakfast, you'll drive north to the Mae Tang area. From here, make your way through the forest scenery on a hike to Huay Sathan Waterfall, where you can relax, enjoy the beautiful scenery and maybe even go for a swim. After, you'll drive to your river camp for some free time to refuel. In the afternoon, prepare for a thrilling whitewater rafting session. Get outfitted with helmets and life jackets and take a safety briefing. Then, you'll tackle the thrilling rapids of the Mae Taeng River and its 14 gorges along a 10 km stretch. The difficulty level on the Mae Taeng River ranges from grade 3 to 5. Praised as some of the best whitewater rafting in Asia, this activity takes approximately 2 hours and finishes at the downstream camp, where you can rest and change into dry clothes. Enjoy some hot and cold drinks or fresh fruits before returning to your Chiang Mai accommodation. Tonight, why not soak up the atmosphere of the vibrant night markets and cheers to an awesome adventure.
4 - Chiang Mai There are no activities planned today and you're free to depart at any time after check out. If you'd like to extend your stay, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans