Kathmandu Valley Trek
From 03/05/2021 to 02/01/2023
Excellent taste of trekking in Nepal without long commitment required or an extensive packing list.
Diverse styles of accommodation and the ability to see all the different aspects of life in Nepal.
Exploring beautiful Kathmandu valley and visit Changu Narayan, oldest temple in Nepal.
See the many historic and holy sites of Nepal and discover the cultural roots of the Nepalese people.
Gain wonderful insight into what local life is like in the rural areas of Nepal outside of Kathmandu.
Short Break style means small group - you will be with others if others book on same date, otherwise may have trek to yourself.
Low altitude trek, great for first time trekker.
Guesthouse (1 nightt),Hotel (1 night),Teahouse (1 night).
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Sundarijal to Chisapani trek.
Shivapuri National Park.
Bhaktapur - Changu Narayan Temple.
Bhaktapur - Leader-led walking tour.
Bhaktapur - Durbar Square.
Nagarkot to Bhaktapur trek.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Kathmandu/Sundarijal to Chisapani trek Namaste! Welcome to Nepal. If you arrive on Day 1 of the tour you will need to be at Himalayan Encounters office (listed in yourEssential Trip Information) at 08:30 a.m. ready to leave for the hike. If you have arrived at any time before departure day please make your way to the Himalayan Encounters office by 17:00 the evening prior to Day 1 so that we can register that you have arrived and answer any questions you have about the trip. We will drive to the outskirts of Kathmandu to Sundarijal (aprrox 1 hour). Our walk starts with a long flight of steps - bound to get the heart rate up quickly and you will need good fitness to complete it comfortably! At the end of the steps we follow the water pipeline to the entrance of the Shivapuri National Park. Passing the water reservoir, continue on more stairs to the strung-out village of Mulkharka. After a simple lunch at one of the wayside shops, we go past an abandoned school and into the woods. The shade will bring some welcome relief as will the easing of the gradient! Soon, with weather Gods on your side, we'll get our first glimpse of the mountains. Emerging out of the woods, we find ourselves in the village of Chisapani. Total trekking time is approximately 5 hours, depending on weather conditions and fitness. Experience typical "teahouse" culture, spending the night in one of the basic guesthouses in Chisapani.
Day 2 - Nagarkot Hike through sporadic settlements, lush vegetation, dirt tracks and uphill and downhills to the favourite escapade of Kathmandu denizens, Nagarkot (7 hrs approx). Enjoy a magnificent panoramic view of the Himalayas. Its a long walking day today through beautiful countryside including Shivapuri National Park. The park is home to over 300 species of birds as well as rarely sighted bears, leopards and several species of deer.
Day 3 - Nagarkot to Bhaktapur trek Relish the sunrise view over the distant Himalayas for which Nagarkot has built up its reputation. After breakfast we hike down hill to visit the oldest temple in Nepal, Changu Narayan. Legend suggests a temple has been on this spot since 325AD. Dedicated to Lord Vishnu, the temple is revered by Hindu's all over Nepal. Continue along the scenic route through terraced paddy fields, villages and pine forests (5.5 hrs approx) to the medieval town of Bhaktapur. Its another big walking day, but there is time this afternoon to wander the cobble stone streets of this 'city of devotees'. Try a delicious bowl of home made yoghurt, a local specialty before relaxing and watching the comings and goings in ancient Durbar Square. A great place to end the day.
Day 4 - Bhaktapur - Kathmandu You have a free morning for further exploration of Bhaktapur before returning to Kathmandu (approx. 45mins). Your Inside-Out Kathmandu adventure ends in Kathmandu at approximately 1:00 pm. No accommodation is included tonight. Be sure to check out an Urban Adventure in Kathmandu if you have time at the end of your trip.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans