From 04/07/2022 to 31/12/2023
A moving and educational experience regardless of your age or background.
Listen to stories of bravery and comradeship.
A quintessential Antipodean pilgrimage, to reflect and pay your respects.
Breakfasts Included: 1.
Lunches Included: 1.
Hotel (1 night).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Gallipoli - Fully guided Gallipoli tour & visit to the Commonwealth graveyards.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Istanbul/Gallipoli Hosgeldinz. Welcome to Turkey! Your Gallipoli Pilgrimage starts at approximately 6.30am this morning. You will be picked up from the Manesol Galata Hotel (Please call and reconfirm with the office at least 24 hours prior to pick up on +90 532 641 2822 ). You will then travel by minibus to Eceabat. Please note that the vehicle used for the transfer is on a share basis and you will share this bus with other travellers visiting Gallipoli. The journey will take approx 6 hours. After a light lunch you will be met for a fully guided Gallipoli tour visiting the following sites on the Battle Fields of the Gallipoli Peninsula: ~ Brighton Beach ~ ANZAC Cove ~ ANZAC Commemorative Site ~ Ariburnu & Beach Cemetery ~ Respect to Mehmetcik Statue ~ Lone Pine Australian Memorial ~ Johnston's Jolly (Turkish and Allied trenches and tunnels) ~ Quinn's Post ~ The Nek and Walker's Ridge ~ Chunuk Bair New Zealand Memorial For any Australian or New Zealander visiting the shores of Turkey, a visit to the battle fields of the Gallipoli Peninsula is a must. The battle at Gallipoli in WW1 is seen as the turning point in the history both of these nations (and also the Republic of Turkey). It was the moment when the nations' characters were defined and the core value of mateship was embedded in their psyche. The names of ANZAC Cove, the Nek and Lone Pine have a special place in the hearts of Antipodeans and are just some of the places you will visit first hand on this trip. You will be struck by the beauty and serenity of the place, in stark contrast to the stories your guide will tell you of the events that unfolded here. You will walk through the trenches and be transported to a place in history. Pride will swell in the stories of heroism and camaraderie, not only amongst one's own troops but also with the enemy, making this a truly unique battlefield. There are opportunities to visit the war graves to seek out those from your town or area. You will stay overnight in Canakkale. Our accommodation tonight is in a bed and breakfast.
Day 2 - Gallipoli/Istanbul Today we will have a free morning in Canakkale. Why not consider taking an optional guided tour of of the historical site of Troy. We will be learning a lot about the famous archaeological site of Troy and see a replica statue of the Trojan Horse. Then, delve into the interesting era’s of Troy and discover how this settlement transformed over time. The tour finished around 5:30 pm, after which our transfer returns to Istanbul. This service will drop you door to door, at which point this trip finishes upon arrival. Arrival back into Istanbul is scheduled to be at around 11:30 pm, but may vary depending on traffic conditions. We recommend you arrange an additional night's accommodation for the evening of day 2. Extra accommodation pre and post tour can be requested, please ask your agent at time of booking. Accommodation can also be requested for Canakkale if planning to stay longer on the peninsula.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 July 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans