Tanzania Wildlife Week - 7 Days
From 2021-10-16 to 2022-12-27
6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 6 dinners.
6 nights mid-range lodges and permanent tented camps.
Please Note: Accommodation named, may be subject to change but will be of a similar standard.
Transportation in a 4x4 safari vehicle (Toyota Landcruiser or similar with comfortable seating and windows for game viewing), private mini bus.
Services of an experienced local guide/driver.
Game drives in Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara National Park and Tarangire National Park.
Park entrance fees.
Arrival transfer from Kilimanjaro airport on day 1 and departure transfer to Arusha airport 7 (should you wish to depart from Kilimanjaro Airport, a transfer can be arranged for a supplement).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arusha Kilimanjaro - Arusha. On arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport you will be met by your driver guide for the short transfer to your lodge, nestled between the peaks of Mount Meru and Mount Kilimanjaro. Spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure or visit the Game Sanctuary that has for many years provided a safe haven to African plains game.
Day 2 - Tarangire National Park Arusha - Tarangire - Lake Manyara. This morning, wake to the views of Mt Meru before heading down to breakfast. We will then be collected by our driver guide and will traverse the floor of the Great Rift Valley as we head to Tarangire National Park for a game drive.
Tarangire National Park; named after the river that crosses through the park, is Tanzania’s sixth largest park and home to large herds of elephants. Spend the afternoon exploring the park before making your way towards Kirurumu Tented Lodge for dinner and overnight. The lodge is located on the edge of the escarpment wall overlooking Lake Manyara.
Day 3 - Serengeti National Park Lake Manyara - Serengeti National Park. Today we have a long drive through arguably the best game park in the world. We will head to the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater and then descend into the endless plains of the Serengeti. The Serengeti is Tanzania’s oldest and most popular national park. Its name means 'endless plain' in the Masai language. It is from here that massive concentrations of wildebeest, zebras and other animals commence the annual Great Migration in search of pastures new, providing one of the greatest natural spectacles to be found anywhere in the world. We can watch golden-maned lions stalking the migrating herds, spot leopards at rest in trees at dusk and there's the option to enjoy a hot-air balloon ride at dawn as the sun’s golden rays illuminate the land.
We meander our way through this famous park with fantastic game viewing as we head towards our tented camp in central Serengeti. The intimate camp offers tranquillity, spectacular wildlife sighting and no better place to take in one of the world's greatest wildlife spectacles!
Day 4 - Serengeti game drives The Serengeti at sunrise is a beautiful sight and one not to be missed. This is also the best time for spotting animals so take advantage of the morning hours for the first game drive of the day. After a morning out, the smell of a cooked breakfast is welcomed as we enjoy a morning under the shade of the trees. Afternoons are normally a lazy affair that end in the late afternoon when the temperatures cool down and the animals start to be active again. Today is no different and we will head out for an evening drive before returning to camp in time to sit around the fire with our dinner.
Day 5 - Ngorongoro Crater Serengeti - Karatu. After the thrills of the Serengeti, we head out on a full day’s game drive through the Serengeti towards the Ngorongoro Crater, pausing along the way to visit one of the world's most important prehistoric sites - Olduvai Gorge. Here, we learn how the gorge earned its name 'Cradle of Mankind'. On arrival to the Ngorongoro Crater we have the opportunity to drive through the Crater Rim and see the Crater in all its glory. We arrive at the lodge in time for a relaxing drink and a delicious dinner in the lush surroundings.
Day 6 - Ngorongoro Crater Karatu - Ngorongoro Crater - Karatu. This morning the Ngorongoro Crater awaits us. The Crater is a conservation area and a UNESCO World Heritage Site situated 180km west of Arusha in the Crater Highlands area of Tanzania. After an early breakfast, we will head out towards the Ngorongoro Crater, a large volcanic caldera, where we experience an amazing game drive on the crater floor filled with wildlife and said to be one of the most thrilling game spotting experiences. The crater won’t leave you disappointed. Back at the lodge it’s time to enjoy our last African sunset and dinner.
Day 7 - Lake Manyara National Park Karatu - Lake Manyara - Arusha. This morning we visit Lake Manyara National Park whose shores are a shimmer of pink, due to the large flamingo population and it was once dubbed as the ‘loveliest lake in Africa’ by Ernest Hemingway. We spend our final morning in the park on a game drive and if we're lucky we'll see the tree climbing lions that the park is famous for. After eating our lunch boxes, we make our way back to Arusha and depending on your flight details transfer to Arusha Airport. Alternatively a transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport can be arranged for an additional supplement upon request. Please make sure that onward flights from Arusha Airport are booked AFTER 3pm, and Kilimanjaro Airport are booked AFTER 6pm, or 5pm for domestic flights. Or you can connect onto the beautiful island of Zanzibar for some blissful rest and relaxation.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans