Andorra: Hike, Bike & Raft
From 26/05/2024 to 29/09/2024
Enjoy a thrilling bike ride down some of the best mountains trails in Andorra, including the historic Iron Route.
Wild evergreen slopes and white peaks offer a spectacular backdrop.
Hold on tight for some exhilarating white-water rafting through the Pyrenees, under the supervision of highly experienced guides.
Explore the quaint town of Soldeu, based at an impressive elevation of 1,710 metres above sea level.
Cycle along the scenic trails of Port de Cabus, the mountain pass on the Pyrenees Andorran-Spanish border.
Get the blood pumping, as you zip-line between the trees and over some rope obstacles in the beautiful set up of Cortals Valley.
Trek through the stunning Siscaro reserve, keeping an eye out for native flora and fauna along the way.
Practice you language skills.
Most people in Andorra speak Catalan, Spanish and French, but if you can't remember your fromage from your queso or your chapeaux from your sombreros, don’t worry, English is widely spoken om Andorra.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, World Bicycle Relief.
Donations provide school kids, health workers, and farmers in far-out areas with bicycles that provide access to education, healthcare, and income.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Dinners Included: 4.
Chalet (7 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Salamandres Lake Walk.
White water rafting.
Introduction to Mountain Biking Day Trip.
Incles Valley Walk.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Soldeu, Andorra Welcome to Andorra! There's a complimentary group transfer from the airport in Toulouse to your hotel. For more information about timing and meeting point details please see the Essential Trip Information. Situated on the southern slopes of the Pyrenees, Andorra is squashed between France and Spain. Although small, Andorra is blessed with some of the finest scenery in the Pyrenees and is a great base for an active week in the mountains. Make sure you get plenty of rest tonight, as tomorrow your adventure begins.
2 - Salamandres Lake Walk This morning take your first excursion into Andorra's mountains. Walk to the base of the stunning Ransol Valley Ridge. It's a steady climb up to the Salamandres Lake, on the way pass the Roca del Home Dret, known as the rock of the straight man. While at the lake you will may get a chance to see the small yellow dotted amphibian salamander that the lake is named after. Relax by the lake or if feeling energetic opt to hike up to the Ransol Ridge at 2,500m. At this height, spectacular views can be enjoyed across the Andorran peaks. The rest of the day is a gradual descent back down to Entorn and the hamlet of El Tarter. This is a great way to ease yourself into trekking and to acclimatize to the altitude. Keep your eyes open for native flora and fauna, such as the griffon vulture, which can often be seen soaring overhead. From here you arrive in the beautiful Incles Valley where you cross the Incles river to take a gentle path back to the hotel. You'll arrive back at the hotel between 3 and 4 pm, giving you a chance to relax in the sun, explore the village or visit a neighbouring hotel's spa centre.
3 - Cycling and Zip wiring in Cortals Valley Today's full day of activities takes place in the stunningly beautiful Cortals Valley, about 30-minute drive away from our hotel. Up at the top of the valley you jump on the bikes for a 6 km descent of switch backs with little or no traffic enjoying incredible views. You will then enjoy easy riding on the only flat off road track in Andorra leading to the Engolasters Lake. Around the lake there are plenty of fun tracks to be taken and you normally have the choice between an easy flat track and a more exciting path through the woods. At the other end of the lake is the zip wiring and tree top centre. After a short briefing, you climb up into the trees and then cross the area by mostly zip lines and some rope obstacles. This is designed to be accessible to all and not too high but then there is an optional area with rope swings and a zip line ridden on a snowboard (these are optional and at an extra cost). After a picnic lunch by the lake you get back on the bikes and take a single track route into the forest to a fun bike park so you can hone your skills on a bit more technical riding or if you don't fancy it just watch the others trying. At the end of the day there is a 10km road descent with plenty of switch backs down to the capital Andorra la Vella and then return by vehicle to Soldeu.
4 - White Water Rafting in Sort Crossing the Andorran border into Spain today, encounter different scenery and a more Mediterranean feel. Drive along a mountain pass of the Port de Canto to a height just below 2000 metres. Your adventure begins at a white water rafting centre (where there are changing facilities). An ability to swim is essential for this activity. Once kitted out with paddles, helmets, buoyancy aids and wetsuits, local guides will lead you on an exhilarating 14-kilometre white water rafting experience. The rivers around Sort have different grades of rapids (up to class III) and are rated in the top five in the world for safety and enjoyment. After drying off, there'll be some time to relax in the bar or by the pool at the centre, before returning by vehicle to Soldeu.
5 - Free Day in Soldeu Today you are free to choose from the many optional activities available in Andorra. You may decide to visit the thermal baths of La Caldea. If you have a good head for heights, you can try your hand at Via Ferrata climbing. There are plenty more opportunities for walking and mountain biking, or you might simply like to relax, enjoy the sunshine or go duty free shopping.
6 - Mountain biking to Abelletes Lake After being issued with a helmet and a mountain bike, your guides will brief you on the mountain biking and then there is a short 20 minute shuttle to Port d'Envalira at 2408m the highest road pass in the Pyrenees, a climb that has featured several times in the Tour de France. A road descent then an off road track to the Abelletes lake which is the official border between Andorra and France. A quick transfer back to 2400m then descending to Grau Roig valley to enjoy your packed lunch surrounded by mountains, pine trees and source of the Valira river. After lunch it is off road all the way back to Soldeu following the Valira river on 4x4 tracks. You finish up the ride below Soldeu at the local Caves Manacor market, where you can taste a variety of local products such as hams, cheeses and spirits. Afterwards transfer back to the hotel in Soldeu.
7 - Walking in Incles Valley, Soldeu Take a short walk into the Incles Valley, where today's hike begins. Walk along a single track through forested mountain slopes, keeping an eye out for pine forest plants, flowers and rhododendrons in June, wild fruit in mid summer and mushrooms in September. The gently climbing path zig-zags up to the stunning Cabana Sorda Lake, which sits below an impressive semi-circular amphitheatre of rock - an ideal stop for lunch. If the weather allows, you can take a refreshing dip in the cold mountain water. At the beginning of the Summer it is likely there will be snow around the lake and later in the Summer it is possible to walk around the lake or perhaps watch the fishermen catching mountain trout. After lunch, descend through beautiful meadows and woodland to the valley floor, where you head back to the hotel.
8 - Soldeu Today your adventure comes to an end after breakfast. You are free to depart at any time. If you'd like to take our complimentary group transfer to Toulouse Airport, please advise us at the time of booking. It will be an early morning transfer to Toulouse Airport and you will arrive at approximately 9 am.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans