Galapagos Discovered - 6 Days
From 2021-11-01 to 2022-11-28
2 nights 3 star hotel in Quito, including breakfast.
(Option to upgrade to a 4 star hotel upon request).
4 day Galapagos Cruise - 3 nights onboard the M/C Anahi catamaran (First Class category) in a twin or double cabin, on the main deck with en suite and A/C.
(Option to upgrade to a suite).
5 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners.
Quito airport arrival transfer on day 1 with an English speaking guide.
Galapagos flights: Quito to San Cristobal and Baltra to Quito - including airport and port transfers.
Complementary soft drinks onboard (tea, coffee and water) plus welcome and farewell drinks.
The services of 9 crew members and an experienced English speaking Naturalist guide.
Two guided Galapagos excursions a day.
Kayaking and snorkelling at the permitted points (wetsuits can be hired onboard for an additional fee).
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Quito Monday. Upon arrival at Quito airport you will be met by an English speaking guide and transferred to your hotel in the city. The remains of the day is free for you to explore Quito or simply relax.
Day 2 - Galapagos Islands Quito - Galapagos. This morning, transfer back to the airport for your flight to San Cristobal Island in the Galapagos, where your guide will be waiting for you. Transfer to the M/C Anahi which will be your home for the next 4 days. Settle into your cabin and enjoy lunch onboard before your tour of the wildlife-rich Galapagos Islands begins.
San Cristobal is one of the easternmost of the Galapagos Islands and the site where Charles Darwin landed in 1835, marking the start of his romance with this fascinating archipelago. Our first port of call here is the San Cristobal Interpretation Centre, which offers intriguing insight into the history of the island and its development over time in regards to its flora and fauna, populace and conservation efforts. Later we will take a walk up the picturesque Tijeretas Hill, boasting spectacular views of the island. Here there will also be the chance to go snorkelling in a nearby inlet, and perhaps you’ll even be lucky enough to spot a sight only seen here – of two species of frigate birds nesting in the same colony.
Day 3 - Espanola Island Today we will explore Espanola, one of the oldest islands within the archipelago – dating back some 3.3 million years, and also one of its prettiest. Due to its distance from the other islands, Espanola is home to an incredible number of endemic species including the albatross, a variety of mocking birds, lava lizards and even Darwin’s finches.
We will start the morning by exploring Punta Suarez, situated on the western side of the island, where you will hopefully be able to spot some of the island’s unique birdlife. Later in the afternoon we will make our way to the northern coat to Gardener Bay, home to an enormous colony of sea lions which can be seen lazing on the beach and rocks during breeding season.
Day 4 - Floreana Island Our next port of call is Floreana. Although one of the smallest islands in the Galapagos, Floreana certainly makes up for what it lacks in size with its fascinating history. Home to one of the first settlements in the archipelago, this small island was once thriving with pirates and whalers. Floreana also boasts unprecedented flora, thanks to its nutrient-rich soil, and stunning beaches.
Here we will enjoy a morning excursion to Punta Cormorant on the northern coast, where we will discover a beautiful lagoon thriving with flamingos and a fine sand beach, which is a nesting area for sea turtles. Later we will cruise out to the Devil’s Crown – a collapsed volcanic crown and perhaps one of the best snorkelling sites in the Galapagos Islands, where you can spot submarine life such as sea turtles, Galapagos sharks, moray eels and sea lines. Outside of the crown is a good place to see hammerhead sharks.
This afternoon we will visit historic Post Office Bay, which is where travelling seamen would leave letters in a wooden barrel with the hopes that the next person to come along might be able to take their letter in the right direction. Today, this tradition lives on with the tourists who visit the Galapagos. It's possible to send a letter or postcard from Post Office Bay without stamp, all you have to do in return is pick up a letter that is directed to where you live.
Day 5 - Santa Cruz Our last stop will be Santa Cruz, the second largest of the islands, located at the centre of the archipelago. We will kick off the morning with a tour of Charles Darwin Station, which takes in the famous tortoise breeding centre. The Galapagos breeding program sees eggs are brought from the Galapagos Islands of Pinzon, Santiago and Santa Cruz to the station where they are incubated artificially; the galapaguitos are born and reared until the age of 5 years, and when they can survive the effects of introduced predators they are returned to their native areas. There is also a breeding program for iguanas.
After this visit, you'll be transferred to the airport on Baltra Island for your flight back to Quito. Upon arrival you'll be met and transferred to your hotel in Quito for your final night at leisure in the capital.
Day 6 - Quito Saturday. Arrangements end after breakfast and hotel check out today.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans