Philippines Palawan Island Getaway
From 28/04/2022 to 04/01/2024
Contrast the chaos and bustle of city life in Manila with the relaxed way of life in Palawan.
With an option to extend your trip on either end, you can focus on the stuff you want.
Take an evening adventure to the Iwahig River where you’ll see swarms of fireflies dancing at dusk.
The natural beauty of the Philippines continues to shine, : 7.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (5 nights),Beach chalet (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Puerto Princesa - Iwahig River Firefly Boat trip.
Sabang - Puerto Princesa Subterranean River boat trip.
Sabang - Batak Tribe trek.
El Nido - Island hopping boat trip & snorkelling.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Manila Welcome to Manila, Philippines. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm today. You can arrive at any time during the day as there are no activities planned until this important meeting. If you do happen to have free time to explore before the meeting, Manila is an intriguing, bustling and overwhelmingly chaotic city. With surprises around every corner, Manila is packed full of things to see, do, taste and experience. After your briefing, perhaps head out with the group in the evening to sample foods like lechon (whole roasted pig) and longganisa (Philippine sausage).
Day 2 - Puerto Princesa In the morning, take the short flight from Manila to Puerto Princesa (approximately 1.5 hours). On arrival, you'll instantly see the slower pace of this island compared to the busy capital. Puerto, as the locals call it, is the capital of Palawan and has been internationally recognised as the cleanest and greenest of all cities in the Philippines. You’ll likely arrive after lunch, and if your group has time, head to the Palawan Heritage Museum, the Palaweno Brewery for a drink and the Baywalk for a stroll. Later on, travel for around 45 minutes out of Puerto Princesa to the Iwahig River, where you'll see fireflies glowing among the mangroves by the river. It's a truly magical experience and the perfect way to spend an evening.
Day 3 - San Rafael Beach Head out this morning in a private minivan and drive to Sabang, which should take around 2 hours. Sabang is most famous for its Subterranean River that's eight kilometres in length and passes through a magnificent limestone cave that opens onto the ocean. Jump into a boat with a local guide and explore this great cave complex and remember to bring a camera. After lunch you may want to embark on an optional mangrove boat trip which gets you into the heart of the thick mangrove forests. You will travel in small traditional boats down the river with plenty of opportunity of wildlife spotting. After a 40-minute drive you’ll arrive at your private beach for the next two nights. San Rafael Beach has basic beach cottages with private ensuite facilities.
Day 4 - San Rafael Beach This morning you meet up with your local guide who'll be walking with the group to meet the Batak Tribe – one of about 70 indigenous communities of the Philippines. The trek will take around two to three hours in total, and you’ll leave early in the morning to avoid the afternoon heat. The trek is generally quite flat with only small rises along the way, but the path is quite rocky so shoes with a good grip is recommended. There are quite a few river crossings today, so packing some sandals with a back strap and decent grip would be ideal if you don't want to get your shoes wet. If you're lucky enough to be there in the right season, you may be able to eat the fruit directly from the cashew trees. After finishing the hike, drive back to the beach chalets in San Rafael Beach. There's plenty of free time for a swim or to read a good book and relax into the evening.
Day 5 - El Nido Say farewell to San Rafael Beach today and travel to El Nido in a private minivan (approximately 5 hours). With a backdrop of marble cliffs to its white sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters, El Nido town is the base for many island adventures. There are over 50 beaches to discover that are all accessible by the boats docked. It's quite easy to pick an isolated beach, book a local boat, pack some food and drinks, and head out on your own adventure. The afternoon is free for you to wander around town, have a drink at one of the many beachside restaurants, do a spot of shopping or count how many different coloured tricycles you can spot on the streets.
Day 6 - El Nido This morning head off on a full day snorkelling trip, island hopping off El Nido. Pass by jagged limestone islands, rocky coves, virgin rainforest and white sandy beaches. The snorkelling is just as spectacular, with beautiful coral and many different species of colourful fish. After an included lunch, venture out on various trips to lagoons throughout the afternoon. Your evening is then free to do as you wish.
Day 7 - El Nido You'll have plenty of free time today in El Nido for beach-loving activities. If you feel like some more adventure, then hire a kayak from El Nido town or jump on a boat out to one of the lagoons. You'll kayak on turquoise, crystal-clear waters, lagoons with dramatic cliffs or past pristine, untouched beaches – and see a plethora of tropical fish. If you want to see a picture-perfect beach, take an optional trip to Nacpan Beach. White sand and lined with palm trees, this is another beach in paradise and worth the drive out of town. Your leader can help you organise transport here if you are interested. Otherwise, hire a bike and get pedalling around El Nido town.
Day 8 - El Nido With no activities planned for today, you are free to leave the accommodation at any time. This doesn’t mean your Philippines adventure has to come to an end! If you would like to spend more time in El Nido, we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 January 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans