Best of Japan - 8 Days
From 2020-03-21 to 2020-11-07
3 breakfasts and 1 Japanese dinner at the Lake Kawaguchi.
7 nights 3 star accommodation (including 1 night in a traditional Japanese Inn).
Guided sightseeing and walking tours in Tokyo, Kamakura, Lake Kawaguchi and Kyoto.
Lake Kawaguchi & Mt Fuji - Kachikachi-yama Ropeway and observatory.
For tours staying at Lake Kawaguchi between 14 Apr – 28 May each year we'll visit to the Fuji Shibazakura (Moss Phlox) Festival with Mt Fuji as the backdrop.
Escorted by a licensed English speaking Japanese tour guide.
Airport arrival transfer to tour hotel - by train from Narita or Haneda International Airport on day 1.
All transportation and transfers - buses, trains and rail passes (including Suica swipe Card).
Baggage forwarding service from Tokyo to Kyoto (one bag per person).
Maximum Group size: 16 persons.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Tokyo Saturday. Upon arrival in Tokyo you will be met at either Narita or Haneda International Airport by your guide. Travel by train into the heart of the city and check into your hotel.
Day 2 - Toyko Sightseeing - Sensoji Temple district, Harajuki & Shibuya Today we explore the capital. Taking the subway to Asakusa we visit the lively Sensoji Temple district. In the afternoon we head to Harajuku, here we’ll visit the impressive Meiji Shrine and Yoyogi Park a popular hangout with bands playing, drum circles, dancers and busking.
Day 3 - Kamakura Tokyo - Kamakura - Tokyo. This morning we board our train to Kamakura, a popular seaside location with a quaint village life feel and some stunning Zen temples. We’ll visit the bronze Big Buddha and the Zen Temple of Hokokuji before returning to Tokyo. Tonight, we organise a Shabu Shubu (a traditional Japanese hot pot meal) for those who are interested.
Day 4 - Tokyo Today offers a guided tour of the Tokyo Edo Museum. The remainder of the day offers free time.
Day 5 - Hakone Toyko - Lake Kawaguchi. Upon arrival we’ll travel along the Kachikachi-yama Ropeway and visit the observatory. For tours staying at Lake Kawaguchi between 15 Apr – 28 May each year we'll visit the Springtime Fuji Moss Phlox Festival. Tonight bed down at the ryokan (Japanese Inn), sample tasty local cuisine and take a relaxing dip in the natural hot spring baths. Note: As of Oct 2019 the Hakone Ropeway has been reopened after been temporarily suspended, although some restrictions remain in place – please see the Trip Notes for further details.
Day 6 - Kyoto Lake Kawaguchi – Kyoto. Hike along the foreshores of the lake before taking a bullet train to Kyoto - home to an abundance of UNESCO World Heritage sites, Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines. Here we enjoy a guided tour of Sanjusagen-do and this evening we head to Gion, for a walking tour of this famous Geisha district.
Day 7 - Kyoto - Nijo Castle, Golden Pavilion & free time Guided tour of one of the city’s most impressive UNESCO sites, Nijo Castle and Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion) Temple and free time.
Day 8 - Kyoto Saturday. On day 8 our tour comes to an end after hotel check out.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..