From 08/03/2024 to 01/01/2026
Snorkel in Tijeretas and keep an eye out for eagle rays, Galapagos sea turtles, sea lions and plenty of colourful fish.
Scale a volcano on Isla Isabela, a 17-kilometre hike that rewards you with epic views across the island plus the possibility of sighting the rare, red-feathered vermilion flycatcher.
Head to the highlands of Isla Santa Cruz to see giant tortoises munching grass, walking slowly and chilling in their natural habitat.
You have the option to tailor your experience with unforgettable optional excursions like nature hikes, boat trips and scuba diving.
Learn about Galapagos’ natural and exploratory history with a visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station and learn about conservation efforts to preserve their ecosystems.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Hotel (6 nights).
Speed boat,Private Vehicle,Public bus.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 15.
Isla San Cristobal - Interpretation Center (45 minutes).
Isla San Cristobal - Snorkelling in Tijeretas Hill.
Isla Santa Cruz - Highlands Visit (1.
5 hours) - Dry Landing.
Isla Santa Cruz - Charles Darwin Research Centre (45 Minutes).
Isla Isabela - Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre (1 Hour).
Isla Isabela - Sierra Negra Volcano Hike (5-6 Hours).
Santa Cruz Marine Reserves - Half Day Boat Tour.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Isla San Cristobal Welcome to the Galapagos! Meet the other travellers in your group at 1pm, at the hotel listed in the 'Joining point' section of the Essential Trip Information. Check in to your hotel and then kick-start your adventure with an included visit to the Galapagos Interpretation Center to learn about the human and natural history of this island cluster. Afterwards, you'll have your first snorkel at Tijeretas where you may be joined on your swim by sea turtles, rays, fish and sea lions.
2 - Isla San Cristobal Enjoy a free day on Isla San Cristobal, with plenty of optional activities on and off the island if you want a little structure. The optional boat ride to Isla Lobos is one of our favourite excursions and gives you the chance to snorkel with varied marine life, spot birdlife on shore and relax near sea lions on the beach.
3 - Isla Santa Cruz Early in the morning, take a 2.5-hour public speed boat ride to Isla Santa Cruz. On arrival, have breakfast and settle into the hotel before a mid-morning visit to the Charles Darwin Research Station. The station's visitor centre and museums contain information about the islands and the conservation efforts being made to preserve the unique ecosystem here. It's also a great place to have close encounters with giant tortoises. In the afternoon, head to the higher part of the islands to observe these giants roaming in their natural habitat.
4 - Isla Isabela Today you'll travel to Isla Isabela where you'll check-in to the hotel and enjoy breakfast. The island is the largest in the Galapagos and one of the most volcanically active places on earth - and you have a free day here to explore at your own pace. A worthwhile optional activity today is an excursion to Las Tintoreras, where white-tipped sharks rest during the day and marine iguanas nest.
5 - Isla Isabela Start the day with a visit to the Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre for a close encounter with these placid giants. Here you can see tortoises in different stages of development as well learn about the preservation program for this unique species. Take a bus to the highest part of Isabela where Sierra Negra Volcano is located. Weather permitting, go for a hike up to the crater to enjoy spectacular views and the possibility of sighting the rare vermillion flycatcher. The challenging 17-kilometre hike takes between 5-6 hours, but at the top you'll be able to enjoy spectacular views. After the hike, make your way back to town in the late afternoon for some free time to curl up with a book or venture down to the water for a relaxing swim before dinner.
6 - Isla Santa Cruz Return to Isla Santa Cruz in the morning and enjoy breakfast on arrival at the island for some free time this morning. Maybe take part in an optional activity like the excursion to Tortuga Bay - an immaculate natural paradise where you can go kayaking, observe marine iguanas or swim with harmless sharks. After lunch (own expense), jump on a boat to La Loberia where you can swim in the waters that the area's sea lions call home. Then, it's off to Punta Estrada to observe birds like blue-footed boobies and pelicans. Finally, visit Playa de Los Dogs to see a large number of iguanas, the only sea-going lizard in the world that lives in these volcanic landscapes.
7 - Isla Santa Cruz With no activities planned for today your Galapagos adventure comes to an end after breakfast. Bid any travellers continuing on to Quito goodbye. You are free to leave the accommodation at any time, provided you comply with the hotel's internal check-out policy. If you wish to leave the Galapagos Islands today, you are responsible for organising your own flights, as well as travel arrangements to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 February 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans