Cappadocia Short Break
From 09/12/2023 to 31/12/2024
Discover an out-of-this-world landscape, made up of mystical fairy chimneys and cave-like dwellings.
Visit one of Cappadocia’s famous local wineries and enjoy your glass with the best natural entertainment (sunset, of course).
Walk past ancient architecture at your own pace, with heaps of free time and a flexible local guide to show you the way.
Explore the fascinating underground city of Kaymakli, listen to local stories and admire artwork from the Byzantine-era.
Hike the beautiful Red Valley or Love Valley and spark your imagination with the natural rock formations that dot the land.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, CYDD (Çağdaş Yaşamı Destekleme Derneği).
Donations help them provide scholarships and educational programs for economically disadvantaged youth in Turkey.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 1.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Cappadocia - Goreme Open Air Museum.
Cappadocia - Valley walk.
Goreme - Wine at Sunset in Cappadocia.
Cappadocia - Kaymakli Underground City.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Cappadocia Merhaba! Welcome to Cappadocia, a central region of Turkey famous for the magical fairy chimneys and near-perfect weather. Soak in the horizon at sunrise, dotted with floating hot air balloons. Visit rock-hewn churches, cave homes and incredible underground cities. You are free to arrive at any time today. If you arrive early, maybe walk through the village of Goreme and get the lay of the land. Or, if you're a photography buff, start your Short Break with a healthy dose of behind-the-lens exploration. Your guided tours will begin tomorrow, so tonight is yours to enjoy.
2 - Cappadocia After breakfast this morning, your local guide will meet you at 9am to trekking to the region's heart. You'll set out to explore one of the many valleys of Cappadocia, maybe Love Valley (whose phallic-shaped formations are great for a giggle-induced icebreaker) or Red Valley(nestled within Goreme National Park and named after the other worldly red-hued landscape).Talk to your guide about how far and wide you would like to hike this morning. You'll then enjoy free time for lunch in the village of Goreme, a spectacular valley town carved into volcanic rock and shaped by erosion. After lunch, you'll conclude with a visit to the UNESCO Open Air Museum, with its many rock-cut churches and fascinating artworks from the Byzantine era. This evening is yours to explore. Consider a visit to an ancient Caravanserai and witness the mystical dance of the whirling dervishes(Sema ceremony).
3 - Cappadocia Today, we head underground. After brekkie at your hotel this morning,you'll bepicked up at 9am. Discover Kaymakli Underground City with your guide (only open to visitors since 1964) and walk through the subterranean corridors, tunnels and caves that make up this fascinating destination. From here, you'll let your imagination run wild at Devrent Valley (also known as Imaginary Valleyor Pink Valley) known for its whimsical rock formations. Make a stop at Pasabag Monks Valley and check out the three-headed fairy chimneys, the result of volcanic eruptions, wind and water. Enjoy a drop of wine from a local wine house or grab a bottle to go and watch the sunset over the mystic landscape.
4 - Cappadocia Today is departure day, so after breakfast, you're free to leave at any time. Hotel check-out will be 11am, so make sure you speak to your booking agent if you wish to stay longer.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans